Author Topic: Need to find out more  (Read 8101 times)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Re: Need to find out more
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2007, 10:24:47 PM »
I missed this thread too  :huh:

So excited for you Potter  :D ...Daisy looks adooooreable ..great name...I have a Daisy too  ;)  Wishing you all lots of fun with her x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2007, 08:54:01 PM »
How exciting!!

I'm so pleased you've chosen your beautiful Daisy & can't wait to get her home. :D

May you have many years of pleasure with her!! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline debz

• Site Member
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2007, 11:27:11 PM »
hi i have a show cocker he is ace calm although only turned a year he does have his momebts but if he didn't go for a wlk he wouldn't be bouncing off the walls  :005: and my best mate has a show springer he is equally ace calm and lovely i think alot has to do with breeding also if your a calm person then i think they pick that up from you too  ;) good luck with your hunting hope this helps debs

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »
Just read this thread start to finish  -  and I think Im more excited then Potter  :lol:

Daisy is a darling :luv:

So glad you have found a breeder you are confident in, she will be there whenever you need help and advice.

Roll on 7th July :)
Caroline and Alfie

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2007, 03:17:10 PM »
Congratulations on finding your new friend  :luv: :luv: Daisy is gorgeous  :luv: :luv:

Bet you can't wait for 7th July to arrive , if it was me I know I would be wishing the time away  ;)

Offline Potter

• Site Member
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2007, 10:15:47 AM »
Thank you very much for your comments about this thread.  I can assure you, it has been a huge learning curve for me, but so pleased I did it. 

Any preconceptions I had about cockers have either been completely swept aside, or happily confirmed.  Likewise, any former ideas I had generally, such as the crates issue, have been completely turned on their heads.  I now have a rather deluxe model for her at home, complete with a Danish Design My First Bed (which I just could not resist, sorry) a slightly smaller 4 star version in my office, complete with Royal Stuart Tartan bed, and the RAC approved travel crate in my car!  You would honestly think I was setting up for a pack of dogs, rather than one dear little girl!

Also recommended by this site; Daisy and I are now fully enrolled for Puppy Training Classes (APDT) from 25 August.  Goodness me, what a busy schedule we have this summer!

I am lucky in that the lovely breeder is quite close to us (35 minutes by car) and we can visit Daisy, her Mum and Dad, regularly during this "waiting period".  What's even nicer, is that our 21 year old son is positively bursting with excitement about it all.  And let's face it, it's been a long time since he got excited about anything without a remote control!

I'll keep in touch.

Best wishes to you all

Potter x

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2007, 10:46:19 AM »
Sounds like she is going to be a very pampered little poochie... it won't be long till you have her home with you
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2007, 11:00:53 AM »
You do know that now you have forked out for all that, it makes deciding to have another a year or so down the line a lot easier :005: :005:
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2007, 08:44:58 PM »
I love it when people have puppies - its so addictive, makes me all broody  :005:
and Daisy looks a real darling :luv:

Looking forward to more pictures as soon as she is home

Bens mum