Author Topic: names for a black puppy? any ideas please??  (Read 16013 times)

Offline gracieboo

• Site Member
  • Our beautiful girl x
Re: names for a black puppy? any ideas please??
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2007, 07:32:05 PM »
Hi thank you for the names, we are going to collect him tomorrow, we are sooo excited, our very own cuddlebum !!

We think we have decided on Boston, but it may change once we see him in the morning, we feel like we are expecting a new baby, everything is ready for him, cot...oooops i mean bed, toys, nappies...sorry weewee pads for the toilet training ! oooh and a lovely blue baby towel!??! :005:

infact it will take longer to drive and collect him (2 hours) than it did to have both of our two babies ! :lol:

so we are off to bed early as it may be the last good night for a while.... night night xx
Lisa and Maisie xx

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2007, 08:19:26 PM »
Ohhhhh at last, hope you have a fantastic day, and I'm looking forward to seeing pics of Boston, or whatever you decide to call your new baby  :blink:

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline daisy may

• Site Member
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2007, 12:36:36 PM »
Hi Ive just got round to joining COL after months of reading all the fab stories.  I know you will probably have named your new arrival by now but I just wanted to add to the mix.  I think Teddy is a great name for an all black boy because they are just like Teddy bears!

We resuced an all black boy in February called Millar,we decided to keep his name because at 4 we felt he had been though enough trauma already but he is such a Teddy bear, sooo cuddly and loving and when he needs a haircut he could give any Teddy bear a run for its money!

Hope you are enjoying your new 'baby' look forward to the photos, when I work out how to post photos I will show you my little darling. :angel:

Offline gracieboo

• Site Member
  • Our beautiful girl x
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »
Hi All!!

Boston is now home with us, we have stayed with the name Boston, and he loves it !
He is rather sleepy (yes i was a worried mummy earlier , thinking he was ill ph34r), a little shy, and prefers to be out in garden but we are tempting him in more with lots of cuddles and treats.
We will post pics of him tomorrow, he was a bit shy today!
Lisa and Maisie xx

Offline gayle1

• Site Member
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2007, 08:46:59 PM »
very cute new puppy, its so fab when you get them home
I was looking for a male dog to call Meat (meatloaf.., love him. Am rather obsessed by him. I wrote an article on his last concert and sent it off hoping he would invite me to cover the rest of the concert as its his last world tour, but I guess it got lost in the post....!!!???)
Anyway, fell in love with Ella the girl dog so brought her home and struggled for a name, there are a few meat songs with girls names but they didn't suit her. Somehow could not imagine myself running through the park yelling, 'Prsicilla..! Prissy.., come back.., now!'
Ella is short for Elouisa. The Damned song. I love it. And it suits her.
She is always Elouisa when she pees on the kitchen floor or chews up the table leg 'Elouisa.., now what on earth were you thinking?'
But mostly she is Ella, as she gets right into your heart with her big brown eyes....
enjoy the pup.
gayle   
Gayle & Ella (Sprocker)

Offline ashley--sam

• Site Member
    • samcockerspaniel@piczo.com
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2007, 09:22:11 PM »
what about:   pip
                    zac
                    bailey
i can carry on but wont hope you find the name that suits him i've recently called my new blue roan sam.   :D

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2007, 08:28:20 AM »
OOO Gracieboo i can't wait to see pic's! I love solid blacks.
I know what you mean we were sooo excited when we picked Roxy! Watch out though they say it's always the quiet ones......... :005:
I bet he's absolutely gorgeous.
Enjoy your new baby! :luv:

Claire.x
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-

Offline gracieboo

• Site Member
  • Our beautiful girl x
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2007, 02:50:35 PM »
hi, just got a second to sit down so thought i would do a little update, firstly camera is on charge so will post pics later! boston is snoring (very loudly) in his new bed....please note when i say bed and not crate :005:.......he hated with a passion the crate, howled, cried (so did we ph34r) but ooohhh give him a bed and he is the happiest boy  :005: ...so the crate is going back !!
I know everyone loves their little cockers but it's so hard to discribe how very, very gorgeous he is and we can't leave him alone :luv: :luv:
Lisa and Maisie xx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2007, 05:24:16 PM »
I'll put this to bed now that you've settled on a name, and you can start a new thread in the photo's section.  ;)