Author Topic: My Good Deed for the day!  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
My Good Deed for the day!
« on: September 20, 2007, 08:53:50 AM »
Just thought I'd share!

On my way to work this morning down some winding country lane, I noticed a lot of cars slowing down to avoid something, as I got closer there was a liver and white working cocker running around in the road!  Nobody would stop!  I pulled to the side of the road and got out, the little cocker ran straight over to me!  I grabbed his collar and got him up on the verge, where he thought it was a great time for a tummy rub!  :luv:  There was a house nearby so I walked him up to the driveway (I really must keep a spare slip lead in the car!) where there was a man shouting presumeably the dogs name! The huge gate on the drive was wide open!  I saw the man and the cocker ran straight to him, then a little black worker came running up to me, muddy paws all up my jeans!!!!  ::)  The man was thankful I'd found his dog but I didn't see him coming to shut the gate!

Anyway, I was sooo muddy I had to go home to change, didn't think work would appreciate mud all over me!  They're quite understanding though so didn't mind I was a bit late!

I feel so releived I stopped, I wouldn't have been able to stop thinking about what might have happened to the poor thing if I hadn't!

Love

Becky
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline jann

• Site Member
Re: My Good Deed for the day!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 09:16:56 AM »
 ;) Well done Becky, It doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened if you hadn't stopped :o It's a pity the owner didn't seem more concerned though  :huh:

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 09:29:55 AM »
Well done  :D

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 10:03:37 AM »
  It's a pity the owner didn't seem more concerned though  :huh:

I thought the same thing!  When I went back past the house (after I'd been to get changed) I thought, if either of them are in the road again, I'll open my car door and let them jump in and take them home!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 10:23:11 AM »
If you find either of his dogs again-keep them!! Dare you  :005:  >:D

ETA: I'm so stupid you have just said you would do that. I'm afraid I usually just read the first post on a thread!
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 11:08:33 AM »
Well done  ;)

Out of interest tho was the gate shut when you went passed again?? (I hope it was  ;) )

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 11:12:25 AM »
Nope!   >:(

I have a feeling they might be gypsies, there is a house on the land but behind where the gate was (to the side of the driveway to the house) there are several caravans on the land! 

When I go past after work I'm going to go really slow to see if I can see them!  Might even sneak them into my car and make a dash for it!!!!

Offline gracieboo

• Site Member
  • Our beautiful girl x
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
you could just grab and run  ph34r

well done, it's nice to do a good deed!
Lisa and Maisie xx

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 05:10:04 PM »
Well done, it's a shame that he wasn't more grateful but you did a great thing.  :luv: