Author Topic: Wicker Baskets  (Read 2149 times)

Offline pwhite48

• Site Member
Wicker Baskets
« on: December 31, 2003, 11:35:28 AM »
Hi all - happy New Year
 :lol:
Our local Next have got some great wicker dog baskets in their half price sale - they'd look great in the lounge.

BUT :shock: I'd heard that wicker isn't the best because of the splinters if the dog chews it and also that they can harbour fleas.

So before I nip down and buy one, has anyone got any advice :?:

Best regards
Phil                    
All the best
Phil

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Wicker Baskets
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 01:06:54 PM »
Hi Phil, I prefer  plastic dog beds for a couple of reasons. The main one is they are easy to keep clean. The beds I use have ventilation holes in the bottom which I like. I don`t think a wicker bed would last very long with a cocker puppy they are partial to a bit of wood  to chew :shock:  and when they realise they can strip bits off there is usually no stopping them.
Some people may have used them without any problems, but I can`t imagine any puppy of mine not munching there way through one.
Tracey :D

Happy New Year.                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Wicker Baskets
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 01:45:02 PM »
Hiya Phil,

I tend to agree with Tracey on this one  :wink:  I started Buttons off in a little plastic cat bed of all things, that I got from poundstretchers of all places and I think it only cost £2.50 as I felt that alot of the beds in the pet stores were far to big as I knew i would upgrade to a larger one eventually. I have one like Tracey's which has small feet so it is off the floor slightly and has ventalition in the bottom. They are so easy to keep clean to  :wink:
One thing i do have out of Next is the paw print fleece throw which I use in Buttons bed, its quite large so can be folded up to make them nice and comfortable and its so easy to wash and stick in the tumble dryer  :wink:
I noticed that Next had the plastic dog box in the sale which is ideal for either storing treats or grroming equipment  :)

Happy New Year

Gilly & Buttons                    

Offline pwhite48

• Site Member
Wicker Baskets
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 02:11:38 PM »
Thanks Gilly and Tracey - sounds like I should give the basket a miss and get a plastic one.

I got one of the plastic boxes from Next - £6.99 - half price!  We're keeping toys in it but I hadn't thought about treats - good idea!

Next do some trendy doggy stuff nowadays, as do M&S - nice to see our furry friends being catered for!

Have a good one

Phil                    
All the best
Phil