Author Topic: MUDDY PAWS  (Read 4349 times)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
MUDDY PAWS
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2004, 07:04:08 PM »
From the picture, I couldn't tell if they are zipped completely in - I was just wondering in case they wanted to 'scent' somewhere for example.

Just what I came on to post Maria :lol:  I've made up my mind that I want one but if it doesn't have the necessary "holes" then it defeats the purpose :roll:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
MUDDY PAWS
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2004, 10:17:12 PM »
There was a cocker at the show I went to on Saturday in one of these and it looked a good idea. She didn't have to worry about it being wet outside and the sand in the arena kept off the dog's coat. Didn't think to ask her about the scenting thing though. :roll:                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
MUDDY PAWS
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2004, 04:40:34 PM »
My postman delivered one of these "all-in-one" coats this morning and Tilly and I have just got back from trying it out.  We got ours from www.countrymun.co.  It does have vents in the back for "business" purposes, unisex, too!  Having said that, Tilly did not "perform" on her walk, which is unusual, but maybe she felt a little inhibited.  Tilly is not a large cocker, so I got the 41cm size, which cost £22 and fits really well, with a bit of growing room.

The good news is that it certainly served its purpose, Tilly was lovely and dry and clean when we got back. The coat was a bit mud-splashed, but wiped clean.  The bad news is that Tilly was really subdued on her walk.  Her whole body language said "you're not going to take me out in THAT, are you??!"  I think she was glad not to meet any of her mates and lose some street-cred, although I think she looks cute in it - it looks sporty rather than fussy.  She was so subdued, she walked beautifully to heel (usually she's very boucy!) so there are some compensations for this!  Its probably because it feels strange to her at the moment, so we shall persist and I will let you know how she takes to it.  So far (early days) I am very pleased with it.  

Sorry if you get this twice, I'm still learning how to drive this thing and I may have pressed the wrong button!

hth

Sue                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
MUDDY PAWS
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 09:35:33 PM »
We have a couple of the all-in trouser suits for our dogs - they are fine for short periods of time (like walking a dog into a show for example) but the big drawback we found is if the dog wears the suit for longer periods, you can get a build up of condensation inside which makes the hair mat up. They need to make them in a breathable material like those expensive waterproofs hikers wear :wink: On the plus side, you always know where your dog is as you can here the rustling noise a mile off :lol:                    
Jane

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
MUDDY PAWS
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2004, 04:57:40 PM »
I think that's a very good point.  I don't think the tracksuit would be a good idea for a really long walk, but for our short on-lead walks, it seems to do the job.  Previously Tilly seemed to spend all day drying off (she has a really thick coat),even if we'd only been out for 20 minutes.  I'll keep an eye open for the matting problem now!

I'm pleased to report that the venting system does work well and has been thoroughly tested now that Tilly has lost her inhibitions!  She is still not convinced on the looks side of things, though!  She met two male black labs on her walk today and her expression could only be described as embarrassed!                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
MUDDY PAWS
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2004, 11:24:28 PM »
If anyone would like to see evidence of my heinous crime against dogs, I have posted a couple of photos of Tilly in the tracksuit in the Photo Gallery (look in New Rogues).  As you can see, she doesn't look very impressed!  However, so far the tracksuit gets 10 out of 10 for practicality and it doesn't slow her down.

Sue                    

Offline Maria

• Site Member
MUDDY PAWS
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2004, 06:29:27 PM »
I have posted a couple of photos of Tilly in the tracksuit in the Photo Gallery (look in New Rogues).  As you can see, she doesn't look very impressed!  

Sue

No, she doesn't look very impressed, but she does look absolutely gorgeous in it!                    

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
MUDDY PAWS
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2004, 09:27:59 PM »
The other thing that you have to watch with these "all in ones" is that the opening are in the right position for "boys bits" !!
I know someone who had one on their male & the opening wasn't in the right position & he Weed inside the suit, thus defeting the object  :( :shock:                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
MUDDY PAWS
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2004, 05:26:15 PM »
Just looked at the pic of the spaniel.  That is a definite 'get this thing off me' face.  Or maybe it is a 'does my bum look big in this' face :D  :D                    
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline T

• Site Member
MUDDY PAWS
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2004, 10:50:23 PM »
GR8 photies of Tilly!!!
All ya need is a snood & boots to complete the disguise to protect the street cred'  :wink:
Charlie-Spud has in the last week taken to wearing a snood for nice dry, non-smelly-poohy ears!! Phew ... well he's a true cocker, head down ears dragging through EVERYTHING otherwise!  :roll: but no more!  :D                    
Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!