Author Topic: Dog Poo in the garden..... What do YOU do with it? :)  (Read 13510 times)

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
Dog Poo in the garden..... What do YOU do with it? :)
« on: December 30, 2007, 10:48:37 PM »
My last cocker had wonderful manners and tried very hard not to go in the garden, consequently not very much to clear up.

Dave and Storm........ another matter (lots of matter to be exact)

So, I need inspiration! When you all clear your gardens of land mines what exactly do you do with the fall out? So far I have poo bagged, flushed  ph34r (yes yes I know it's not allowed...now...) and buried, but none of these solutions seem particularly satisfactory or easy to implement. So, someone give me a ray of light on this decidedly dark and dismal topic please!

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Cazzie

Re: Dog Poo in the garden..... What do YOU do with it? :)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 10:51:28 PM »
Bin it, bag it and take it to the tip  ;)

Offline pinkcarys

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:58:15 PM »
Urhm, we leave it where it lands  ph34r  Griffin does polite little poos that are nice and white and crumbly after a day and tehn they dissapear.  And tbh, our garden is so far from being "sorted out" that it wouldn't matter if I built a poo tower, no one would notice.

Just out of interest, why aren't you allowed to flush dog poo?  Sounds very sensible to me. ;)
"My aim in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am"

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 10:59:50 PM »
I put it in a pooh bag and then it goes in the wheelie bin. Presumed that everyone did the same  :embarassed:

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 11:01:34 PM »
I put it in a pooh bag and then it goes in the wheelie bin. Presumed that everyone did the same  :embarassed:

...thats what I do  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 11:01:45 PM »
We have a bin bag on the wall outside and it goes in there using a trowel then each week it gets taken to the tip with the recycling.

You can't flush due to the water companies not being able to irradicate certain bacteria and microbes which cause diseases so when it is flushed the disease gets into the water system. Not only our water but the water in rivers, ponds and lakes killing wildlife.

Offline pinkcarys

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 11:05:22 PM »
We have a bin bag on the wall outside and it goes in there using a trowel then each week it gets taken to the tip with the recycling.

You can't flush due to the water companies not being able to irradicate certain bacteria and microbes which cause diseases so when it is flushed the disease gets into the water system. Not only our water but the water in rivers, ponds and lakes killing wildlife.

Oooooh, thanks. Never thought of that. There go my plans of teaching Griffin to use the toilet!  :005: 

Does anyone use those dog toilet thingies? You bury part of it in a hole in the garden and tehres a bucket on top and I think you add various chemicals to help it dcompose. When our garden is "sorted out" it would be nice to have somewhere to dispose of it. Do they work or do they smell.
"My aim in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am"

Offline harveysmum

• Site Member
  • Harvey the Explorer
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 11:07:30 PM »

...thats what I do  ;)

same here ;)
My IQ is 133 - Free-IQTest.net - Fun IQ Test

Offline Ian B

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 11:07:47 PM »
We lift the lid on the foul water manhole in our garden, chuck the days dumps in and flush it away with half a bucket of rain water from the water butt.

Misty, Cooper.
(George, Jarvis & Dale at the Bridge)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 11:08:44 PM »
We have a small kids waste bucket with lid in the garden with a carrier bag in it.  We poop-a-scoop into that and tie and bin or take to the doggy pooh bins when it gets about 1/2 full.

We thought about a toilet thing you bury but were told not very good and useless for more than one dog.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 11:09:50 PM »

Same here also! Its an yuky task but its gotta be done!  ph34r

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 11:18:59 PM »

;) I bag it and bin it here too
[Does anyone use those dog toilet thingies? You bury part of it in a hole in the garden and tehres a bucket on top and I think you add various chemicals to help it dcompose. When our garden is "sorted out" it would be nice to have somewhere to dispose of it. Do they work or do they smell.

I would be interested to know whether the dog loos are any good as well as I've been given one but not yet used it ??

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 11:21:29 PM »
We lift the lid on the foul water manhole in our garden, chuck the days dumps in and flush it away with half a bucket of rain water from the water butt.

This equates to flushing it which you shouldn't do as the water treatment plants which then brings this water back to our homes for drinking cannot get rid of the following diseases/bacteria which are present in the dog poo:

Cryptosporidium
Campylobacteriosis
Salmonella

;) I bag it and bin it here too
[Does anyone use those dog toilet thingies? You bury part of it in a hole in the garden and tehres a bucket on top and I think you add various chemicals to help it dcompose. When our garden is "sorted out" it would be nice to have somewhere to dispose of it. Do they work or do they smell.

I would be interested to know whether the dog loos are any good as well as I've been given one but not yet used it ??

We tried the dog loo but weren't impressed and also if you live near water ways you need to be careful for the above reasons also.

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 11:26:06 PM »

...thats what I do  ;)

same here ;)

ditto again

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 11:28:47 PM »

This equates to flushing it which you shouldn't do as the water treatment plants which then brings this water back to our homes for drinking cannot get rid of the following diseases/bacteria which are present in the dog poo:

Cryptosporidium
Campylobacteriosis
Salmonella

:o :o

OMG thats so worrying, I don't think i'll be able to drink tap water again now, I had no idea :huh: