Author Topic: Dog Poo in the garden..... What do YOU do with it? :)  (Read 13574 times)

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
Re: Dog Poo in the garden..... What do YOU do with it? :)
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2008, 01:50:22 PM »
I bag it and bin it.

Just after we moved though had an issue with next doors dog being in my garden EVERY MORNING, doing a poop and barking at me - cheeky swine, well, it got to the stage I was picking up more of next doors dog mess than my own, so I started chucking in over into their garden  ph34r

One night after a bad day, I threw it so hard it hit their back door and slid down in (UPVC).  Funnily enough their dog didn;t come into me garden again. 
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline tracyd

• Site Member
  • my lion
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2008, 03:23:49 PM »
I bag it and bin it.

Just after we moved though had an issue with next doors dog being in my garden EVERY MORNING, doing a poop and barking at me - cheeky swine, well, it got to the stage I was picking up more of next doors dog mess than my own, so I started chucking in over into their garden  ph34r

One night after a bad day, I threw it so hard it hit their back door and slid down in (UPVC).  Funnily enough their dog didn;t come into me garden again. 

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Thats hilarious!!!

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2008, 03:48:55 PM »
I'm glad I posted this thread, feel less alone in the dark world of 'you know what' now!

I bag it and bin it.

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Thats hilarious!!!

I have neighbours that were throwing their dogs stuff (two greyhounds) into my hedge it was behind an area that I used to have our garden table in.. and it stank REALLY P***** me off! They've stopped doing it at the moment thank doG!

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline shaendix

• Site Member
    • espanielcockerspaniels.co.nz
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2008, 08:17:32 PM »
Hi Michele - thanks for the welcome back.  Yes its been quite a while.  Lovely to be back though.  Cheers

Offline magical monty

• Site Member
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »

oh poo! :o  I've been putting it down the loo thinking thats better than using plastic poo bags!! (recycling and all that)
will now put in small bin in the garden then put it out with the rubbish on bin days!!

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »

oh poo! :o  I've been putting it down the loo thinking thats better than using plastic poo bags!! (recycling and all that)
will now put in small bin in the garden then put it out with the rubbish on bin days!!

Snap!!!

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Lizzy B

• Site Member
  • The only man for me!
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »
Bag and bin here too, and if Bailey does it while we're at work and there's no dog bin around, we're most days to be seen with a nappy bag hanging off the rear wiper blade till we get home! When he was very young, it was nothing to have 3 bags hanging there!

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2008, 09:21:01 PM »
...Sammy hardly ever does a poop in our garden, usually when he's got an icky tum, but if he does, i bag it then take it to the field where we walk and put it in the dog bin provided ;) I wouldn't put it in our wheelie bin as they are only emptied every 2 weeks >:(
'Everybody lurrves Sammy!'
03/02/04 - 27/10/14 :'(

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »
VERY off-topic, I know, but a friend who lives in a south coast city recently had a horrendous problem with her drains whereby the sewage of most of her road ended up on her drive.

Many dramas ensued, but the most vile was that she had to bag up the human wast and filled 3 big, strong waste bags. She then phoned  :o :o :o :o :o. WHen she explained again what it was and how much there was, she was told to take it to the tip and put it in the garden waste :o :o :o :o :o At one point she was even told to lie about what was in the sacks.

She is now having a very stressful time with environmental health and is planning to "go public" pretty soon if she can't get it sorted. (She no longer has the precious bundles, but I am afraid I can't remember what she did do with it in the end. I will try to find out.)

As for dog poo, I bag and bin. But do try to use biodegradeable ones now.

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2008, 10:14:03 PM »
Found the Pet Poo Converter Wormery HERE

Dont know if its big enough to hold my 2 dogs poops though! Anyone know how long it takes the worms to convert?

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2008, 10:26:27 PM »
I picked up dog pooh belonging to a straying dog and took it and the dog back to the owner.
 gave her a lecture too!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2008, 08:40:46 AM »
I picked up dog pooh belonging to a straying dog and took it and the dog back to the owner.
 gave her a lecture too!
Good on you Jean  :D

But I am even more impressed that you knew whose poo it was!  :shades:  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline tracyd

• Site Member
  • my lion
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2008, 12:56:23 PM »
 gave her a lecture too!
Good on you Jean  :D

But I am even more impressed that you knew whose poo it was!  :shades:  :005:

Good one  :D

Offline mary w

• Site Member
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »
Bag it and bin it. ;)
Love machine

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2008, 03:17:10 PM »

Currently we just compost, as we have done nothing with the garden yet.... however we do hope to grow veggies in time, so may have to look into a wormery or something, as I don't like the idea of sticking a biodegradable product into a plastic bag.... Quite happy to bag and bin when out and about - though she normally does her business so far off the beaten track that I just leave it (If I don't think I can safely get there to pick it up, I don't think it poses risks to children!  If I can reach I try and throw some leaves over, as this helps it decompose more quickly...).

:D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020