Author Topic: You can't fool a cocker  (Read 1681 times)

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
You can't fool a cocker
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:53:44 AM »
I've just had a training session with Remy and thought i would swap her treats for carrots - Not a chance what are you trying to give me.  :shades:  Right then ok i will disguise the carrot  ;)  ph34r - I blitz'd up some of her dry food and turned it into powder and coated the carrot chunks with it.  -  All she did was lick the powder off and leave the carrot  "Come off it mother i can still see the carrot".  It's worse that the kids at least you can make them stay until they have finished the healthy stuff.

Offline Elmo

• Site Member
Re: You can't fool a cocker
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »
Elmo isnt a lover of carrots either. I tried him with a bit of banana yesterday and he opened his mouth, i put it in and just like a toddler he didnt even close his mouth before he spat it at me :005:

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 12:03:58 PM »
 :005: :005:

I love those two stories, my Barney is the same, looks at me as if I am stupid if I give him carrot. 

Offline JoanneM

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »
Murphy only thinks carrot eating is fun when he's stolen the carrot, so now I leave them where he can get them and let him think he's being naughty.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 12:42:15 PM »
blimey I bring in the shopping and the dogs are at the fridge waiting for a carrot  :lol2:

And if they don't get one then they empty the shopping bags till they find the new ones  :005:

Offline Emmylou

• Site Member
  • Cosby and Boo!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 12:45:42 PM »
blimey I bring in the shopping and the dogs are at the fridge waiting for a carrot  :lol2:

And if they don't get one then they empty the shopping bags till they find the new ones  :005:

Yeah, ours are the same.  In fact they love all fruit and veg - they'll do anything for a bit of courgette or cucumber :D  I'm veggie and every night when I cook dinner they wait by the cooker for leftover veggie peelings - nothing gets wasted oin our house!!

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 12:55:55 PM »
! will be picking up our new cocker in about 4weeks 2days [counting down].
We have kept cockers for over 30 years but have never given them carrots, is this something that is beneficial. I realise it must be better than biscuits etc. but are they particularly good for them.

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 01:16:31 PM »
We have kept cockers for over 30 years but have never given them carrots, is this something that is beneficial. I realise it must be better than biscuits etc. but are they particularly good for them.
my puppy trainer says they are! wilson loves carrots, in fact he loves everything with the exception of garlic which he tried by mistake when i was preparing dinner one evening and dropped a whole bulb, he 'inhaled' it (he doesnt eat he inhales it goes in and down so quick!!) and kept spitting it out and trying it again and spitting it out again!! it was so funny, I dont think he could quite believe he had come across something that goes in your mouth that he didnt like!  :005: he also love love loves bananas  :lol2:
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 01:21:55 PM »

Dont think any veg/fruit can be classed as being bad for them (except the usual of grapes,onions,potatoes could be a couple more) and unless pulped most of it comes out the other end ..but carrots are a low fat treat if you dog likes them...which both mine do  :D
cold ones are also good for teething puppies to gnaw on :D

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 06:29:35 PM »
None of mine are big fans of carrot but Tilly and Alfie both love apple. Rodaidh doesn't really like this either and if he's by himself and you give him a piece he'll spit it out and leave it but if you give a piece to the other two and then give one to him he'll gobble it down as fast as he can he's so scared of missing out on something the other two have  ::)  they're worse than kids!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 06:49:59 PM »
Eric loves carrots. However my rabbit is starting to feel left out because the dog keeps getting there first.

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 07:06:25 PM »
Carrots are Paddy and Milly's favourite veg, they were having carrots on Sunday and I tried them with parsnip, which was rapidly spat on the floor  ::) They certainly know what they do like and do not!!

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 07:32:51 PM »
Flo loves most veg and fruit especially carrots, sprouts, banana, apple, oranges she would choose a carrot over a biscuit any day! :005:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 08:33:32 PM »
Buddy will do tricks for small cut up bits of squash peel! ::)  It's food isn't it? :005: He doesn't taste anything anyway! :005:

He did once proudly run up to show me something. It took me a minute or two to recognise the bare stalks of broccoli which he had stripped after finding it in the shoping bag!! He was SOOOOOOO proud of himself! (Too much broccoli is bad for them, but "too much" is a huge amount apparently!

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »
None of mine are big fans of carrot but Tilly and Alfie both love apple. Rodaidh doesn't really like this either and if he's by himself and you give him a piece he'll spit it out and leave it but if you give a piece to the other two and then give one to him he'll gobble it down as fast as he can he's so scared of missing out on something the other two have  ::)  they're worse than kids!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Billy is a big big carrot fan!