Author Topic: You know your cocker loves you because...  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
You know your cocker loves you because...
« on: March 12, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
... when you ask your baby son for a kiss, your sleeping cocker suddenly leaps off his bed, bounces on to your lap (squishing said baby in the process :005:) and snogs you to within an inch of your life. :luv: :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Re: You know your cocker loves you because...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »
 :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: poor Indie though :005: These babies that live with cockers are used to that!! ::) :005:

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 03:27:26 PM »
 :005: :005: :005:

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 03:33:54 PM »
ahh, i've just figured out that it may just be cupboard love after all... I'm defrosting turkey necks. ::) Ahh well!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: poor Indie though :005: These babies that live with cockers are used to that!! ::) :005:

Indie is forever getting licked, nibbled, squshed, knocked over, whacked in the face with tails, and he STILL loves the dogs. Silly boy! :005:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »
... when you ask your baby son for a kiss, your sleeping cocker suddenly leaps off his bed, bounces on to your lap (squishing said baby in the process :005:) and snogs you to within an inch of your life. :luv: :005:

awwww Jarvis  :luv:

ahh, i've just figured out that it may just be cupboard love after all... I'm defrosting turkey necks. ::) Ahh well!

...which proves how clever Jarvis really is  :luv: :luv:

i think it's very important for a child to get it's daily quota of cocker slobber, life just wouldn't be right without it  :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »

Indie is forever getting licked, nibbled, squshed, knocked over, whacked in the face with tails, and he STILL loves the dogs. Silly boy! :005:

Yep we have a licker of babies or two here :005: we dont have the tail thing though ph34r :005:

Yesturday there were 4 cockers in the house, including a young pup, Lily sat on the sofa totally unphased :shades:

awwww Jarvis  :luv:

...which proves how clever Jarvis really is  :luv: :luv:

i think it's very important for a child to get it's daily quota of cocker slobber, life just wouldn't be right without it  :D

true enough :lol2:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 04:44:50 PM »

Indie and Lily are probably the healthiest kids going. Any kid which lived in my house would have been exposed to every bacterium known to man within a matter of hours, they'd have an immune system of steel  :shades: :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline LouiseAS

• Inactive
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »

:luv: :luv:

Indie and Lily are probably the healthiest kids going. Any kid which lived in my house would have been exposed to every bacterium known to man within a matter of hours, they'd have an immune system of steel  :shades: :005:

Same here  :005:
Louise & my beautiful girl Meg xx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 05:27:26 PM »
Yesturday there were 4 cockers in the house, including a young pup, Lily sat on the sofa totally unphased :shades:

Well I'm not surprised at all, I think the only reason she got tetchy at Crufts was because she wanted to get in the ring with the dogs, all 30 odd of them at times  :005:

Was going to say the same about building up their immune systems too. :luv: :luv:

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »
Actually the practise nurse has commented a few times on it being good for children to live with animals for exactly that reason when I have taken Lily for innoculations...............not the subject of dogs comes up with everyone I meet ph34r :005: :005:

And Michele you are probably right, I mean she was fine when she was dragging that pink ( now very dirty!!) poodle toy round the NEC on its lead wasn't she :lol2: :lol2:

So then I can add to Beths original post by saying: you know your cocker loves you when its happy to share its germs and bacteria with your child to build up his/her immune system........... :lol2: :lol2: bet the cockers are carrying around a live vacine or two ph34r :005:

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 06:06:03 PM »
We have the problem that Maddy just Has to be kissed bye bye when my girls are going home, so much so she jumps on my knee and puts her head between us so she gets the kisses instead of me  :005: She then proceeds to pass them onto me tenfold  :005: :005: :005:

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 06:10:49 PM »
if any of us in our house say 'kisses and cuddles'  no matter how sparko Barney is he is there, paws on lap kissing for England, inbetween whoever it is that wanted the kisses in and cuddles

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
....he comes and gives me big meaty kisses straight after dinner.
Now if that isn't love then what is.

I agree with the dogs around kids I think it's great for them to learn respect for each other and share their disgusting habits with each other as well.

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 07:57:55 PM »

So then I can add to Beths original post by saying: you know your cocker loves you when its happy to share its germs and bacteria with your child to build up his/her immune system........... :lol2: :lol2: bet the cockers are carrying around a live vacine or two ph34r :005:

Definitely. My two are affectionately known as "salmonella breath" ph34r but it doesn't seem to have caused Indie any harm. ph34r :005:

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 07:59:43 PM »
i agree, connor is rarely ill. on the other hand my cousin is an obsessive cleaner. her two children (5 & 6) are constantly ill and on anti biotics for this that and the other :shades: