Author Topic: Yellow Grass  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Gunner

• Site Member
Yellow Grass
« on: March 24, 2008, 06:00:13 PM »
HELP my lushas green grass is slowly turning yellow is this COCKER PEE doing it  ph34r

If it is,? Is there anything i can do to prevent it

Many Thanks

Charlotte & Gunner  :D

Offline dizzymare

• Site Member
Re: Yellow Grass
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:08:14 PM »
dont know gunner but hope someone posts soon as we have the same problem  >:D

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:10:41 PM »
Yes its the pee! Bitches pee tends to be worse. Think it the ammonia or nitrates in it.... Only way to stop it is to pour water over every time your dog pee's.... so not an easy option. Hence why most people (and soon to be me) end up putting gravel down!

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline JoanneM

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 06:13:08 PM »
HELP my lushas green grass is slowly turning yellow is this COCKER PEE doing it  ph34r

Yes..

If it is,? Is there anything i can do to prevent it

My MIL always keeps a watering can handy to rinse where the dogs have peed and her garden isn't that bad. 

I'll try and post a picture of my garden  ph34r.

Cazzie

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 06:17:55 PM »
I have gravel in one section of my garden and hose down with water and disinfectand everytime someone has a pee, at my mums she dilutes it with water when they have pee'd on their grass. I have a huge bucket filled with water and disinfectand and a water can out at all times  :D

Offline Gunner

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 06:21:09 PM »
I have gravel in one section of my garden and hose down with water and disinfectand everytime someone has a pee, at my mums she dilutes it with water when they have pee'd on their grass. I have a huge bucket filled with water and disinfectand and a water can out at all times  :D

Sounds like i'll have to do that then although Gunner does tend to pee while he's walking  ::) bless him 
I think i did read once that you can get some sortof stone?? to put in thier water to reduce it anyone got any thoughts on that ??

thank you all very much  ;)

Cazzie

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »

Sounds like i'll have to do that then although Gunner does tend to pee while he's walking  ::) bless him 
I think i did read once that you can get some sortof stone?? to put in thier water to reduce it anyone got any thoughts on that ??

thank you all very much  ;)

I wouldnt add anything to their water tbh, doesnt take much to get the old watering can out after them  :shades:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »
Yes its the pee! Bitches pee tends to be worse. Think it the ammonia or nitrates in it.... Only way to stop it is to pour water over every time your dog pee's.... so not an easy option. Hence why most people (and soon to be me) end up putting gravel down!

see I thought that too....and then I was told that bitches 'burn' grass more because they squat and the urine is concentrated more in one spot, and boys (especially mine) practice their yoga positions to get it as high as possible (if he was a real bloke he would be having pee-ing competitions to see how far his could go  ::) )
helen & jarvis x

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 06:36:11 PM »

see I thought that too....and then I was told that bitches 'burn' grass more because they squat and the urine is concentrated more in one spot, and boys (especially mine) practice their yoga positions to get it as high as possible (if he was a real bloke he would be having pee-ing competitions to see how far his could go  ::) )

that makes sense

I dont have the patience to pour water over every pee done, would be doing it dozens of times a day!

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 06:38:04 PM »

that makes sense

I dont have the patience to pour water over every pee done, would be doing it dozens of times a day!

no, and the water board would be out to check your usage too  :005:  You'd have your own personal hosepipe ban  :shades:
helen & jarvis x

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 06:46:58 PM »
trying to talk my hubby into the artificial grass but not getting anywhere, as well as the state of the garden from piddles it would end the nightmare of the mud :005:
chantelle & Tilly

Offline dizzymare

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 06:49:12 PM »
and if i water grass, ellie will then run round in it and bring mud in the kitchen  >:D (her favourite  pastime)

Offline silke

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 06:51:28 PM »
I was about to post something similar - our grass is in an awful state- there is very little left over, tb. >:( I've thought of buying turf to redo the whole garden. :-\

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 06:54:11 PM »

:005: you're not wrong there!

that makes sense

no, and the water board would be out to check your usage too  :005:  You'd have your own personal hosepipe ban  :shades:

Offline Gunner

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 07:06:31 PM »
Watering can it is then  :D we have 3 full water butts so i can use that

Many thanks

Charlotte & Gunner  :D