Author Topic: Im taking Charleys breeder to court  (Read 8087 times)

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
Re: Im taking Charleys breeder to court
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 04:36:29 PM »
Why not send her an initial letter saying you are in the process of taking legal advice under the Misrepresentation of Goods act and she will be contacted shortly.

If nothing else it will start her worrying and perhaps she will come back to you with an offer.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Eve

Offline loumeg

• Site Member
  • Hi everyone i'm a bigger girl now
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 04:43:32 PM »
Just a thought but could you trace the others from the litter thru KC.  Not sure if you said Charley was registered but if he was maybe its another avenue to think about.

I had followed Charleys story but unfortunatly have not been around much of late and had not realised the very sad outcome until i read your letter to the breeder.  Please know we are all feeling for you and fully support your decision whatever that is in the end.  You have to do what you think is right whether you proceed or decide to send the letter and hope for the best that THEY (i cannot say breeder cos they dont deserve the title) do the right thing.

Big hugs coming from our entire family (((((  :blink: )))))  Sweet dreams Charley  :angel:

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 04:51:16 PM »

I agree with the Eves post..why not send the letter ..its sometimes all it takes to make people sit up and take notice..all it will cost is the price of a stamp...thats all i did with my cat..wrote a letter advising them of the situation and the costs ...the vet also sent a report to them and within 4 weeks they had paid me all my vets bills back  ;)
have you home contents insurance as some policies give you free legal advise as part of the service..and if they think you have a case will take it onfor you at no cost..worth looking at your policy  ;)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 05:08:43 PM »
i agree about sending the letter anyway ,sometimes with these people they dont want the hassle even if you try and get the amount you paid for charley back it would be better than nothing, if you ask for too much she might fight it ,but if maybe you said you want the cost of the dog refunded she may think "oh give it them to get them off  my back"- if you know what i mean ,
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 05:48:18 PM »
If nothing sending the letter may make her realise that breeding isnt just about a quick buck and therefore deter her in the future. Which, although it doesn't replace Charley leaves you safe in the knowledge that others wont go through what you did. Well done, you are very brave. xxx
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 06:05:22 PM »
Good advice - thanks everyone! I think this morning i kinda tried jumping in too soon! I think your all right, i should just send the letter saying im seeking legal advice etc.  If i dont end up doing i think im just going to report her to whoever will listen telling them that shes breeding puppies without giving them the proper care etc. Also i might phone the DL up and explain how shes treated me and see if they will stop her listing puppies with them.  (Long shot).  But my main thing now is to find these other puppies, because if any of them have had this condition then it saves a lot of hassle, as it will prove he came with this condition. 

Thanks everyone, i will keep you all posted!

Miss Maria on a mission!  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 06:21:06 PM »
Best of Luck,
haven't read any of your earlier threads, but how terrible that a breeder would lie about a puppy's age,
hope it all goes your way.
chantelle & Tilly

Offline loumeg

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »
  But my main thing now is to find these other puppies, because if any of them have had this condition then it saves a lot of hassle, as it will prove he came with this condition. 

Thanks everyone, i will keep you all posted!

Miss Maria on a mission!  :D

Tia maria did you see my earlier thread (sorry if you did) anyway the KC could be a good place to start  :blink:  GOOD LUCK X

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 06:32:52 PM »
Sorry loumeg - Charley wasnt KC - he was DL.  I have spoken with them (numerous times) none of the litter has been registered with the new owners - which i find a little strange.  But iv told them of Charley and asked if my number can be passed to anyone who does register them. Il ring them again soon just to remind them!  ;)

REUBY DOOO!

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 06:43:17 PM »
I would try advertising for litter mates the same way that you found Charley, ie was he ad in Tesco, Free ads, local paper, ad on PAH notice board, ad in newsagent etc? That way you may catch the attention of the people who looked in these places earlier this year. Would it be worth contacting local vets / dog training classes too? saying you were looking for litter mates, please could they pass your details on etc
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline flossysmum

• Limited Member
    • Abilou Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 06:43:57 PM »
I have only just read this topic but i wish you good luck in finding the litter mates and bringing her to justice, i just cant believe she would treat you like that and lie about the age :o

hope all goes well :blink:
xxx Love Abi, Flossy, Charlie, Amber, Bertha and Ginny xxx

Offline loumeg

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 07:03:27 PM »
Sorry loumeg - Charley wasnt KC - he was DL.  I have spoken with them (numerous times) none of the litter has been registered with the new owners - which i find a little strange.  But iv told them of Charley and asked if my number can be passed to anyone who does register them. Il ring them again soon just to remind them!  ;)

Good luck i hope you find others from the litter i would as also suggested request owners get in touch via the same media that you found Charley.  We too came across a dodgy breeder when we were looking and the pups were in such bad conditions i wanted to buy one to get it away.  My OH was more realistic but i dread to think how those little pups turned out.  Breeders  like this (if thats what they call themselves) need to be stopped.  xx

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 08:17:29 PM »
Hello
I wish you good luck in your claim against the breeder. I think they might pay out to avoid any bad publicity.

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 09:12:19 PM »
Good luck to you, Maria.

Regretably I have no helpful advice re. the law but it might be worth a call to the Inland Revenue as I would hazard a guess that she hasn't declared the £2000 or so she received for the sale of the puppies & it could give her some extra aggravation!! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 09:20:55 PM »
Good luck Maria, i hope you get some justice for poor little Charley xx
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx