Author Topic: Nearly famous (long story)  (Read 776 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
Nearly famous (long story)
« on: June 27, 2008, 12:42:06 AM »
A friend of mine called me and said I've booked your dogs in for a shoot, as I know him from field work (he has working springers) I started back peddling, saying things like they have heard guns, but have never gone under shot ,knowing that he had just got back from New Zealand where there are working cockers. Well it turned out to be a photo shoot, which I straight away said yes they can sit and stay and do what they are told. He said no to Kody as for professional shots they never use black, but he was interested in Indi (blue). So took her of to a cocker groomer to fix and straighten my cuts.  Then went to Melbourne for a long weekend Friday to Tuesday, took both dogs, (it is an 11 hour drive one way) they had a ball at my sisters place she has 15 ac. Indi kept trying to get into one of the sheds, when we opened the door they both ran in then ran off quickly. Reluctantly she gave to me (well I had to take it from her mouth) half a dead rabbit :o then the two of them kept finding more of it and starting to eat it. Anyone else had to have their hands down their dogs mouth pulling out decomposing rabbit >:( So after running round the bush eating roo Pooh swimming in the dam, learning that if you don't come back at the first whistle mum just walks of and  leaves you, then you could get lost, so better run as fast as you can straight to her. Two cockers running full speed can sound like a horse ha ha when you have your back to them walking in the opposite direction, its the best bit of training I've ever done they really knew that they would get lost and there was lots of different smells and noises in the country stick close to her and never take your eye of her, after two me walking off and maybe hiding  :D they never lost sight of me again and they never went on the lead from the time we got there till we left. So after a long drive home waiting for the call to say which day he wanted Indi Thurs or Fri . Bathed both hair dried both to look beautiful, we then got the call to say wont use Indi  :-\ only using lighter dogs, I knew in the back of my mind her black face was against her, she was nearly the dog on the frontline package that would have gone international our  claim to be nearly famous, I love her black face, oh well they are both famous in our house, mostly for finding and eating dead rabbits :005: and behaving badly, Indi who is bossy with other dogs was put in her place by my sisters dog (daisy, a foxy cross corgi 13yrs )there was no fight a bit of barking in each others face but Indi reluctantly did what she was told even to the point of Daisy sitting at my feet while inside and Indi went and sat on her bed and just looked at me it was a great learning weekend. Kody did receive a nip on the butt from Daisy not sure what he did but he did react  back he is normally a very submissive dog.  But all is well, the three of still getting over the long trip and them having two baths within a week I think they are still dreaming of rabbits, and the giant ones (kangaroos) he he maybe they will never chase bunnies again giant ones might chase you :005:
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
Re: Nearly famous (long story)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:25:09 PM »
How mean not to use Indie but it sounds like you had a great time at your sisters place.
From the Darby family

Offline JasperPop

• Jagger
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:44:58 PM »
I think Indie would have been perfect  :luv:  Never mind, better luck next time!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 08:06:02 AM »
Shame about the photoshoot but glad you had a good time  :D

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie