Author Topic: Any difference, boy or girl?  (Read 13547 times)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Re: Any difference, boy or girl?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »
This post is a bit late but aren't females less likely to be dominant?

Good Luck
x

have to say NO!  Depends on the individual dog of course but out of the bitches I know the majority are bossier to other dogs and humans than male dogs...

I have to agree with this, the ones I see when out on walks can be bossy, stroppy little madams.   Indie isn't one of these ones though and she does tend to play and mix better with the boys, rather than the haughty girls.   :005:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »
This post is a bit late but aren't females less likely to be dominant?

Good Luck
x

have to say NO!  Depends on the individual dog of course but out of the bitches I know the majority are bossier to other dogs and humans than male dogs...

I have to agree with this, the ones I see when out on walks can be bossy, stroppy little madams.   Indie isn't one of these ones though and she does tend to play and mix better with the boys, rather than the haughty girls.   :005:

Heh heh Wot they said, my boys have been a dream compared to my bitch  :lol: Boys seem to be a lot less complicated too; food, love, walks and they're happy and if they're going to be naughty they're happy to do it in front of you.. my bitch is a lot more clever, complicated and impossible to please at times so I just give up and let her huff at me  :005: She's also the one that is prone to being too guardy/aggressive over her family or dogs she's walking with the boys have been a lot more chilled out.

Hannah xx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Angels of Fur

• Alfie and Honey
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »
Well when we searched about and investigated, i already had my mind up i wanted one of each. Honey was born first (through my Aunties bitch) And then we found Alfie.

I had decided i didnt want 2 girls, no reason just thought Dog and Bitch would be better, and i have to agree, Honey is the bossiest. Although i only think that because she is the barker. Alfie is quiet, but he is stronger and usually gets his way through being bigger in build. Honey is definately the little madam.

We got ours in May, So toilet training was no problem, but i on the other hand will have the winter for the walks when they are old enough for longer walks.
I think its all personal preference and always got its adv and dis adv what month you bought a puppy.

I completely understand with leaving your kids and a Puppy with someone else. I decided i would not go away without my puppies until they are at least 1 because i dont want to put the burden of 2 young scallywags on someone else !
My life is now complete.......cockers are my life

Offline BabyB

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 05:19:17 PM »
Our first cocker was a girl - Katie #1.  When we got her I remember my dad (bless him :luv:) saying that girls 'bits' :shades: were tidier!!!!

She passed away on the 7th June '98 and in the October we good two boy pups (not same litter and 1 week apart) who are Morgan and Dylan.  Morgans breeder only had a boy left so that's how we got him, and she knew of another boy who was not being run on by a friend of hers at 4 mths old, hence how we came to get Dyl. 

Now me and my OH got Henry and then took on Katie #2 when asked by Henry's breeder.

All three boys are entire (unless there is a need I don't see the point in lopping 'bits' off) and Katie is spay so we have no worries about keeping her in/separate from the three boys when in season.

Personality wise I can't see a difference - Henry is subservient to Katie (although he was here first) and Katie follows Dylan everywhere  :luv: :-* :-*
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind