Author Topic: would you take something from another dogs mouth?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: would you take something from another dogs mouth?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 08:32:52 AM »
How can anyone get so worked up about a ball you win some you lose some,bonnieboo sometimes picks up other dogs balls and sometimes she loses them to another doggie when you are all playing in the same area its not worth falling out over.and i would be peeved if someone tried to tear a ball from bonnies mouth. 

Same here - sounds like a big fuss about a ball to me.  ::)  If it were me and I had to go I would have said, don't worry keep the ball otherwise I would just have hung around until Coco pinched the ball back herself!  ;) :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 09:22:45 AM »
How can anyone get so worked up about a ball you win some you lose some,bonnieboo sometimes picks up other dogs balls and sometimes she loses them to another doggie when you are all playing in the same area its not worth falling out over.and i would be peeved if someone tried to tear a ball from bonnies mouth. 

Same here - sounds like a big fuss about a ball to me.  ::)  If it were me and I had to go I would have said, don't worry keep the ball otherwise I would just have hung around until Coco pinched the ball back herself!  ;) :005:

Different people have different norms and tolerances though - *we* don't understand why he was so upset about a ball, but *he* may think there is nothing wrong with touching someone elses dog  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 07:04:23 PM »
Domino is quite obsessed with his ball & I have to admit on a recent COL Meet he shamelessly pinched Louise & Sav's dog Lenny's ball & was jumping in the lake & retrieving the ball & not giving poor Lenny a chance to get his own ball back!! :embarassed: ph34r

However we solved the problem by giving Domino his own ball!! ;)

Occasionally another dog has pinched Domino's ball on a walk; I wouldn't bother to try & get the ball from a strange dog's mouth as I usually carry 2 or 3  extra balls with me as Domino quite often loses one anyway. (3 is the greatest no. we've lost on one walk; his cocker friend Brady managed to lose one within the first 200 yards!!! :005:)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)