Author Topic: You know some people say dogs have a special sense...  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
You know some people say dogs have a special sense...
« on: October 28, 2008, 02:38:59 PM »
... well, it apparently bypassed my darling mutt. ::)  :lol2:

Had a really good walk today, lots of seagull chasing and practising tricks on a large green near a carpark (had all the people sat in their cars in stitches with Jarvis' norty antics! :005:) Then a car pulled up with a family, one of which was a teenage boy of around 16/17 with some sort of mental disability who was making some rather loud noises. He was thrilled to see Jarvis and made some very happy noises, when Jarvis decided he was obviously a bit dodgy and started wooowooowoooing at him. ph34r ph34r ph34r I tried calling him and getting him to play with me to no avail  >:D so actually had to go and physically drag him away from this boy :embarassed: (who by now was making much less happy noises ph34r)

I was soooo embarassed, and did apologise profusely, but they moved along fairly soon afterwards, so i think Jarvis may have ruined their outing. ph34r :embarassed: Stoopid mutt ::) :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Jay06

• Site Member
Re: You know some people say dogs have a special sense...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 02:59:08 PM »
oooh Jarv   ph34r Bailey occasionally does this too! We met a wee guy with tourettes's who kept twitching and shouting and Bailey decided it would be fun to bark at him  ph34r  >:D Luckily the boy's mum thought it was funny, but I was mortified. I avoid the area of the park we met them in!  ph34r

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 03:09:58 PM »
Bless him  :lol:

Norty Jarvis...  :005: Dave wants to know if showing his willy to all the kids at school last week to make them scream is as bad?  ph34r ph34r  :lol2:

Hannah xxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Jay06

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 03:42:04 PM »

Norty Jarvis...  :005: Dave wants to know if showing his willy to all the kids at school last week to make them scream is as bad?  ph34r ph34r  :lol2:

Hannah xxx

Dave, that is pretty bad - oh what the hell, Bailey likes doing it in front of my MIL  ph34r

Offline JerryBerry

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 04:01:37 PM »
Awwwww bless!!! I bet he didnt ruin their outing at all!  We are very lucky that Jerry has the special sense gene!!  :005: our youngest has downs syndrome and he is an ANGEL with her. No nibbling fingers, no jumping up, no snatching toys out of her hands. He absolutely dotes on her, to the point that he 'crys' with her when she is upset! What a racket that is!!!! Georgia (our LO) crying and Jerry Woo Woooing along with her.

Last week he reduced me to tears - he was sat at the side of her woooing because she was upset (because I wouldnt let her watch High School Musical for the 3rd time!) and ever so gently he licked her tear and put his head on her knee. Honestly it was beautiful!....didnt stop her balling for blumin' High School Musical tho!!!!  >:D

The 'gene' took a bit of time to kick in tho - not sure he would just sense it from a person her met randomly.
MICHELLE AND JERRY XXX

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »
Awwwww bless!!! I bet he didnt ruin their outing at all!  We are very lucky that Jerry has the special sense gene!!  :005: our youngest has downs syndrome and he is an ANGEL with her. No nibbling fingers, no jumping up, no snatching toys out of her hands. He absolutely dotes on her, to the point that he 'crys' with her when she is upset! What a racket that is!!!! Georgia (our LO) crying and Jerry Woo Woooing along with her.

Last week he reduced me to tears - he was sat at the side of her woooing because she was upset (because I wouldnt let her watch High School Musical for the 3rd time!) and ever so gently he licked her tear and put his head on her knee. Honestly it was beautiful!....didnt stop her balling for blumin' High School Musical tho!!!!  >:D

The 'gene' took a bit of time to kick in tho - not sure he would just sense it from a person her met randomly.

Awwwww  :luv: :luv: :luv: That is so sweet, what a wonderful boy Jerry is. (Want to borrow Jarvis for a while? Maybe he could teach Jarvis all about these things ::) :005:)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 04:16:04 PM »

Oh that is so precious. I do hope your LO loves him too!

Buddy is just like Jarvis, I'm afraid. One of our neighbours is a man with Downs and Buddy always barks at him, even from across the road. I could kill him sometimes! He doesn't bark at his brother, just Paul. >:D >:D

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 05:09:41 PM »
Poor Jarvis, I'm sure he meant no harm, but was just a bit confooosed  ph34r

Tilly is missing that sensitivity gene too.  We boarded a lovely Guide Dog who had to be retired early as he had epilepsy (they thought it was brought on by the responsibility of his work  :luv:) but Tilly was horrible to him.  Even though he never had a fit whilst he was with us, she made his life a misery, growling at him and generally being a mardy-pants  >:D  She was fine with all the other Guide Dogs we boarded, but obviously sensed something a bit different about Nairn  :'(

It's lovely to hear the stories of the cockers who have the gene - so sweet  :angel: :luv:

Sue and Tilly

Offline JerryBerry

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 05:29:13 PM »
I've got a better idea Beth - hows about you borrow my Georgia and Jarvis can find his sensitive side while you are watch High School Musical 50 times a day?  :005:

Annette - yes Georgia LOVES LOVES LOVES Jerry to pieces, she has just started fulltime school and when i go to pick her up the first thing she says is "Jerry now?" and I say "yes we will go and see Jerry now" to which she squeals like mad!!!  :luv:  they are very much the dynamic duo  ;)
MICHELLE AND JERRY XXX

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 05:40:50 PM »
I've got a better idea Beth - hows about you borrow my Georgia and Jarvis can find his sensitive side while you are watch High School Musical 50 times a day?  :005:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Thanks for the offer, but i have so far managed to escape the joys of high school musical and i think i'd like to keep it that way ph34r :005:

ETA: you should post some photo's of them together, and i can show Jarvis what a cocker boy's sensitive side looks like ;)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 07:17:32 PM »
There is a local beauty spot with a cafe close to where I live and we often call in their on our way home from our walk for a coffee etc.  About once a week some carers bring disabled teenages/young people there and they love Ellie.  They all come up to her, but they shout a lot and she is terrified of them.  I feel awful because I know they would love to stroke her but I can't calm her down.  The thing is she usually can't get enough of people stroking her but I think it is the noise that frightens her.  The carers are very good and come and move them away but I do hope she gets used to them soon.

Offline JerryBerry

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 07:34:20 PM »
Beth - just posted a photo of Georgia and Jerry on 'puppies' photos  :luv:
MICHELLE AND JERRY XXX

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »

Hannah xxx

:o :o :o :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx