Author Topic: Anyone else has/had a working cocker as their first dog?  (Read 7026 times)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Re: Anyone else has/had a working cocker as their first dog?
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2008, 09:15:34 PM »
Hmmm...I'm not sure about this. We're talking alot about their "inbred drive" on this thread, but what about their conditioning...ie  all the things they experience in their lives with their owners? Surely this must count for something in terms of their contentment, well-being etc. And our dogs don't chose..we're the ones that do the chosing, so its kinda hypothetical. Gosh, I might be opening up a whole new can of worms now  :005:

No I agree, I'm not saying Billy isn't happy, he is ( or I wouldn't have him living here !) but Ali was saying she doesn't give Barkley as much time as she feels he'd like, what I was trying to say is that that could apply to a lot of owners and their dogs

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2008, 09:59:06 PM »
Hmmm...I'm not sure about this. We're talking alot about their "inbred drive" on this thread, but what about their conditioning...ie  all the things they experience in their lives with their owners? Surely this must count for something in terms of their contentment, well-being etc. And our dogs don't chose..we're the ones that do the chosing, so its kinda hypothetical. Gosh, I might be opening up a whole new can of worms now  :005:

No I agree, I'm not saying Billy isn't happy, he is ( or I wouldn't have him living here !) but Ali was saying she doesn't give Barkley as much time as she feels he'd like, what I was trying to say is that that could apply to a lot of owners and their dogs

ok...now I see where you're coming from Jan  :embarassed:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2008, 10:00:57 PM »
ok...now I see where you're coming from Jan  :embarassed:

Good because I don't !  :lol2:

Just kidding  :005: ;)

Offline anita96

• Site Member
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2008, 10:35:23 PM »
Found this on Youtube, its a good example of how you can train in a small area even though the field he is in is massive and you dont need masses of equipment, guns, and can be done anywhere.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPnRUq7_4sY

The dog looks like it is having a blast.
Working Cockers aren't mad it's the owners!!!

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2008, 10:43:58 PM »
Found this on Youtube, its a good example of how you can train in a small area even though the field he is in is massive and you dont need masses of equipment, guns, and can be done anywhere.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPnRUq7_4sY

The dog looks like it is having a blast.

Aww thats great  ;) I'll have Chloe behaving like that in no time  :005: :005:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye