Author Topic: Anyone else staying in News year eve to be with their doggies...  (Read 6452 times)

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
Anyone else staying in News year eve to be with their doggies...
« on: December 14, 2008, 08:41:15 PM »
friends think we are a bit mad as we were invited to a do but feel really bad about leaving Tilly, know it would only be for 4hrs or so and she would be asleep anyway as she's an 8 o clock bedtime girl  :luv: but we would be really worried with the fireworks going off >:( although when we are here she is fine about them, just hate to think she might be scared if she was on her own :'(. just wondering if anyone else is staying in to see the New Year in with their beloved cocker's (and other breeds  :luv:) or are you out partying ;)
chantelle & Tilly

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Anyone else staying in News year eve to be with their doggies...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »
I'll be at home, although we don't really do New Year anyway, so happy to stay in with William, a bottle of wine and a good DVD!

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 08:44:51 PM »
Don't know where I'll be on New Years eve but whereever I am Chloe will be with me!!! Will probably just be at home till the bells, then we'll go out "first footing"  :005:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline clovertash

• it's been a hard day at the park
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 08:45:26 PM »
we always stay in, but i always wake frank up at midnight so he can come out in the street & welcome in the new year  :005:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 08:46:12 PM »
We've not been out on NY Eve since we got Molo; the fireworks, screaming and shouting in the street all night really upset him (Bonnee just barks  ::)) so we'll be staying in, dosing the dogs with Emergency Essence and raising a glass of something fizzy at midnight  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 08:47:31 PM »
I think New Year is over rated!! We will be going out early evening for a Chinese with my parents, sister and brother in law and then coming home to the dogs. We haven't partyed for the last few years on NYE much rather be at home with the doglets. Last year we had a lovely NYE. We travelled to Birmingham to stay with a friend - we had four dogs and a baby - a log fire and some drinks - what else do you need!! This year said friend will be ready to drop her own baby on NYE - tis exciting stuff!

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
I'll be at home with my dogs too - unless someone is daft enough to invite all of us round to a party.  :lol2:

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 08:48:45 PM »
so nice to hear from like minded people rather then getting the "its only a dog she'll be fine" remark >:( >:(
you lot understand they are more then dogs they are part of our family :luv: :luv:
chantelle & Tilly

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 08:53:42 PM »
We will be at home with Ellie, we always stay at home on New Years Eve.  Like Frank, Ellie is always woken up and taken outside to see the New Year in. 

Offline sox

• Site Member
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 08:55:07 PM »
We are going to a new years eve party and taking Sox with us!! as we are spending xmas down in dorset he will be with us anyway, my mum has offered to dogsit for us but as we are going to Surrey there is no point in heading back to Dorset to get Sox and add another 140 miles to our journey back home to Scotland, could not be without my beloved mutt!!!! its a case of love me love my dog.....

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 08:58:56 PM »

Yes....another saddo here  ::) i too think its overrated and havnt been out on NYE for about 3 years  ph34r...i always feel quilty going out at night and leaving the dogs more so than in the day  :huh:....I could go out and OH will stay in as he isnt really a party person but will see  :huh: if i cant be bothered on the night than i wont go as i dont really feel like im missing much.....plus i have to get up at 7am on new years day to go to work  ph34r

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 09:08:16 PM »
I'll be home with my dogs, can't think of a better way to see in the new year  ;)

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 09:13:21 PM »
We will either be at OH's mum's with Gari or they will be here, I don't go anywhere that Gari can't go to, he is a big part of our family. :luv:

On Xmas day we will be at Oh mum's and Gari is the guest of honour as he is so well behaved! :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 09:18:31 PM »
Ooooohhh I'm always out New years eve - we pop to the local at 5pm and are back home by 7pm  :005: (Not every year tho - depends on the day)

We leave everyone else to start partying  :005: and should I admit this  ph34r we are in bed before the bells - the last time we stayed up to see the new year in was the millennium  :shades:

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 09:25:16 PM »
I dislike NYE anyway but there are too many fireworks in my village I could'nt relax if I left them. LAst year was nice as we went to friends, but this year we'll be congo ing with the cockers  :005:.....My OH parents invite us every year either Xmas Day or Boxing day but as they are very house proud and have kittens everytime Annie does her wall of death  ph34r their not keen on doglets coming, I refuse to leave them over Xmas is that silly?
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie