Author Topic: Anyone else staying in News year eve to be with their doggies...  (Read 6427 times)

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
Re: Anyone else staying in News year eve to be with their doggies...
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 10:55:57 PM »
I am working till 10, then on call overnight and back at work 730 on NY day, so I will be at home too. But like many others it does not bother me, apart from the fireworks going off all hours and stopping me sleeping!

Offline cupcakebarb

• Site Member
  • Oscar my baby boy n Bramble my baby girl
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 11:00:32 PM »
We r staying in ny as we did last yr but this yr going to make major fuss (more if poss) of 3 beuti cockers Oscar, Bramble and foster Honey (got to keep her).  We are going to Lanzrote New yr Morn and dont wanna go cos il mis me cockers!  Only going for week soo recharge batteries for busy yr ahead!!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 11:10:14 PM »
Not keen on New Year - haven't been out for years.  :-\ This year will be at home - have a friend staying and we will have a nice meal and chill out with Coco and the cats (chickens and alpacas will have to stay out side though   :005: ) If I can stay awake, will go outside to watch the fireworks at midnight - Coco loves them  :luv:  New Years day will be a long walk with my little bear and anyone who cares to join us and lunch at the pub  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 11:51:45 PM »
Yeah I will be staying in New Year's Eve, plan to take them out for a nice walkies early afternoon, then back 4 tea and a relaxing night in front of the tellybox.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 12:19:27 AM »
Am I a bad mum  ph34r We are going out  ph34r It is the OH's birthday and last year I was in no mood so he went out without me  ::) This year we are going out with friends, so I suppose it will be going out later and coming home earlier. Personally I cant be bothered, but it doesnt look good if I refuse on his birthday again does it  :005:

Offline ollie1

• look at me !
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 01:09:05 AM »
We never go out unless the dogs come with us if the dogs can't come one of us stays at home with them . we even take it in turns to go the cinema or go out with our friends .. we never go together i hate leaving them on there own I'm sure they wouldn't mind but it makes me feel better . my dogs are my world the boy friend knows his place 
"The soul can have no rainbows, unless the eyes have shed some tears!"

Offline ollie1

• look at me !
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 01:18:52 AM »
I treat them like my baby's but come on they are aren't they . were all dog lovers and i couldn't imagine Christmas day without them or any other day it just wouldn't feel the same . we are going out shopping for there Christmas presses next week doggie cloths Christmas cards Christmas stockings for above the fire with treats in . lots of toys Kong's galore only the best for my babies they will have a nice day I hope your family does to .... merry Christmas
"The soul can have no rainbows, unless the eyes have shed some tears!"

Offline fatbelly

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »
We stay in at New Year now, did go out when we were younger but done it and now prefer to spend time with OH and Pets.
We will be going out with my Mum to a Chinese restaurant about 7pm and back home for 9ish then a bottle of some thing fizzy and watch the fireworks from our loft (great views).
Murphy will be 12 weeks old on New Years eve so don't know how he will go with the fireworks. Our adult Cat Woody isn't bothered by them and we hope Murphy is the same.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
we hadn't decided what we were going to do so last night we thought about it....and we're going to Cornwall again.  We love it, Jarv loves it, and we don't care about New Years Eve - New Years day we're going to be on the beach whatever weather and that to us will be a perfect start to 2009.
helen & jarvis x

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 09:24:01 AM »
I shall be at home...just me and the dogs plus Aidees girlfriend Purdey. I'm not fussed about new year, much prefer christmas ....incidentally 5 more sleeps and we are off to Wales for our Christmas holiday  :D....as you can tell I'm not the slightest bit excited ....hee hee!!!!!!

Some body set up a chat room on NYE just for some of us COLers a couple of years ago..that was quite nice, cant remember who that was tho  :huh:

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 10:00:08 AM »
Both my dogs would be fine if we went out, but my 6 year old son might object  :lol:

Think we're going to have a quiet one in though as I'll be about a week away from giving birth at that point and seem to prefer sleep to wild partying at the moment!  :005: :005:

Hannah xxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline teapot

• Site Member
  • ~Tia~
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2008, 10:01:30 AM »
We're really lucky in that we are going away for New Year. We have rented a cottage in Norfolk that has direct access to a beach (Tia will not want to come home  :005: )

Hopefully if the weather is ok we will be seeing in the New Year on the beach with Tia and a flask of something hot. We did this a few years ago and had a clear night watching the stars and it was a lovely peaceful setting to start off a New Year. (Was well wrapped up though with long johns, thermals and over trousers  ;) ) Usually if I am at home I will be in bed way before midnight and miss it altogether. Really looking forward to the holiday more than Christmas  ph34r Can't wait to see Tia's little face when she realises that she's staying in a house with a beach at the end of the garden :luv:
Marie & Tia x

Offline Maria

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 10:06:08 AM »
Since having dogs we stay in as it's as noisy as fireworks night round here. Also most places are 'ticket only' and you have to be well organised (which we aren't) to get them in time. It's our wedding anniversary as well - this year OH has managed to get the whole week off, so last week we booked a 'special offer' cottage right by a beach in Devon, which will hopefully be quieter than here. If so, and weather permitting we plan a stroll on the beach to see the New year in.

Offline Roslyn McConnell

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 12:11:34 PM »
We always have a big family do at my grans and Dill ALWAYS came with us.....he was the star attraction!!

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2008, 12:20:22 PM »
I'll do what i do every year (well what i've done since being pregnant anyway!), go to sleep at about 10 and get woken up by mad yapping when the fireworks off. ph34r :lol2:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).