Author Topic: What "hooman" names DONT work for dogs?  (Read 9967 times)

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
Re: What "hooman" names DONT work for dogs?
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2009, 10:51:13 AM »
I have a friend who's mom had a border collie called floss, and another that has a cavi called danny, neither really suit the dog, Its like childrens name I dont really think you should rush there choice..
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline meganmad

• Site Member
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2009, 11:19:06 AM »
 :lol2: You're right! I find that there are some "hooman" (love that) names that are perhaps too normal for a doggy! Such as Steve and Lee! But I think that the names i consider to be older (such as Albie, Archie, Raymond) are fantastic for them!

I do hope i havent offended anyone! As it happens my name is Sophie and a lot of people seem to like that name for pets!  :005: I dont mind - Im an animal lover!
Love and kisses, Sophie and Megan xxx

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2009, 11:58:58 AM »
Ive just realised that my best friends cat is called Stevie (officially Stevie Wonder)

I met a little girl the other day who informed me she had just been given a hamster for her birthday and had called it Sarah!!

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline mcphee

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2009, 02:03:33 PM »
I think Cedric and Edwin are nice, because they are quite classy, just like Cockers are. Rufus was going to be Jake, as he is black, but it reminded be of an awful man whose case I dealt with at work. He stalked a lady and ended up in Court, so I thought of Rufus and got teased because he is black not red. It suits him, so I don'tcare. My 17 year old cat called Basil died this morning. I do agree that Basil is not a dogs name. He was Basil because his markings were a bit faulty, and because we like to use herb names for cats

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »
My 17 year old cat called Basil died this morning. I do agree that Basil is not a dogs name. He was Basil because his markings were a bit faulty, and because we like to use herb names for cats
I'm so sorry to hear about Basil, he was a good age. I like that name.

Run free at the Bridge Basil. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2009, 08:03:25 PM »
I know this doesn't apply to dogs, but it's in the same vein...many years ago we were planning a house-warming party and thought we should invite our neighbours.  We hadn't met them, but had heard the lady calling "Martin", so my OH went round to invite her and said "of course, you and Martin would be very welcome to come along to our party".  She gave him a funny look and said "Martin's my cat"   :rofl1: :rofl1:

And they didn't come to the party (and neither did the cat!)  :lol:

Sue and Tilly

Offline Spanielsmum

• Site Member
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »
 :luv: I have a Norris and Joe/Joey when I'm recalling him.... my little grandaughter aged 2 shouts Doris and Chloe  :lol2: :lol2:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2009, 09:04:33 PM »
I have had in the past, Meg German Shepherd, Sally x lab, Flo cocker,

Friends cav 'Letitia' (Letty)

Cats called Tom, Polly, Lucy, Tabitha ,Chester, Marmaduke, Malcolm, Maisie

Offline LinzHenz

• Puffy Fluppy Dog
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2009, 09:42:46 PM »
at our stables we have horses called pete, nigel and gus!
and dogs kevin and spud  :005:
Linz & Henry Dog

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2009, 05:59:45 PM »
Our dogs all have human names and so do the horses only they came with theirs my brothers racehorse is called Tina not to too bad but the pony...... His name is Earl ph34r sounds like a stripper.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2009, 08:30:11 PM »
I love human names on animals all mine have been along these lines  :luv: we also used to have a cat called Roger cos he was a dodger......everyone thought that was weird but it really suited him  :luv:

I remember Malcom Roberts had a cocker called Andrew.  At the kennels we had an Adrian, Sebastian, Tim...he was Tim Tim your nice but dim   :luv:, Dunross, Duncan, Mary, Jane, Helen, Janet and Joan (sisters  :D) I met loads of bassets called Fred  ;)
Oh and my best friend used to have a mini schnauzer called Ieuen after Ieuen Evans the welsh rugby player, have to say it with the accent for full affect.

Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx