Author Topic: You just have to laugh at them sometimes  (Read 1256 times)

Offline PennyB

You just have to laugh at them sometimes
« on: December 17, 2008, 08:44:26 PM »
Just had a laugh at my two.

I got distracted after putting shopping down earlier then went upstairs leaving it on the kitchen floor without a 2nd thought.

After about 20 min I could hear some growling downstairs that just kept on going then that lightbulb moment hit me,  :o the shopping --- dashed downstairs and found that the only thing that was missing and now sitting on the sofa with Wilf was the bag of carrots and he and Roobs were arguing over them (they don't really argue as such as Wilf's idea of guarding anythgin is a bit of a joke really and it never results in anything).

Bless they could've had some lovely duck pate I'd treated myself to or the chocolate biscuits but no they took the carrots :luv:
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
Re: You just have to laugh at them sometimes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:46:03 PM »
what health conscious doggies you have  :luv:
chantelle & Tilly

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 08:47:13 PM »
Just had a laugh at my two.

I got distracted after putting shopping down earlier then went upstairs leaving it on the kitchen floor without a 2nd thought.

After about 20 min I could hear some growling downstairs that just kept on going then that lightbulb moment hit me,  :o the shopping --- dashed downstairs and found that the only thing that was missing and now sitting on the sofa with Wilf was the bag of carrots and he and Roobs were arguing over them (they don't really argue as such as Wilf's idea of guarding anythgin is a bit of a joke really and it never results in anything).

Bless they could've had some lovely duck pate I'd treated myself to or the chocolate biscuits but no they took the carrots :luv:

Molly would have picked them too!
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 09:07:43 PM »
You have obviously brought them up to eat healthily.

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 09:47:04 PM »
Heh heh that's brilliant, bless them.. even I'm proud of them for going for the carrots!!!!

I've done that it's a total 'AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!' moment when you realise there is free range shopping at cocker level.. I had our weekly shop  delivered the other day though and the bags were in the hall while I nipped up to the loo, the door to the kitchen area where the dogs were was slightly ajar and when I came down I saw Dave peeping through the gap growling and barking.. he thought the bags were attacking the house as they aren't usually there.... if only he'd known bless him  :005:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 10:23:07 PM »
Don't think Katie would have been that restrained, she probably would have had the biscuits and the pate, followed by the carrots :005:.....and after she and Smudge had finished arguing..well who knows what would have been left >:D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 09:26:21 AM »
I honestly think Eric would have gone for the carrots too. But 20 minutes is a long time in Eric land so he probably would have demolished them followed by the pate and chocolates

Offline PennyB

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 10:21:58 AM »
I honestly think Eric would have gone for the carrots too. But 20 minutes is a long time in Eric land so he probably would have demolished them followed by the pate and chocolates

I know if I'd not cottoned on they would've done that but it was a big bag of carrots, LOL plus Wilf was doing the 'they're mine not yours dance' so didn't have time to eat them all anyway as he would then have just sat on them just so Ruby couldn't have them :005:
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline loulabell

• i didn't do it ;@)
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 10:23:48 AM »
charlie boy would of got the carrots too, cant peel a carrot without him wanting one........ :D
With love Lou Charlie boy and lucy lou

Offline cran477

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »
how many carrots should you let them eat a week or a day ????? :lol:

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 09:16:26 PM »
I left my shopping down and Gari had a carrot, a courgette and a brussel sprout! :005:

I give Gari 1 carrot per day.
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 09:43:51 PM »
My mum used to do some dog sitting for me years ago when I had my first 2 Cockers, Josh and Sam. She arrived at the house one day after doing a bit of shopping, let herself in, put her shopping bag on the floor, opened the back door for the dogs to go out and went into the kitchen to put the kettle on. One of the things mum had bought was an iced bun to have with her cup of tea.

A couple of minutes later she looked out of the kitchen window to see Sam, iced bun sticking out of the corner of his mouth like a white cigar, being pursued down the garden by Josh. :lol2: Mum wasn't too impressed and had to make do with a biscuit with her tea. Josh was even less impressed as Sam didn't share the bun with him!