Author Topic: very upset, long post will understand if you don't make it to the end.  (Read 16593 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: very upset, long post will understand if you don't make it to the end.
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »
I don't consider myself 'brave'......I just believe that everyone should know both sides of the story.

Perhaps I have read it differently, but your "side of the story" seems to confirm the sequence of events that Bens Mum posted originally.......although other people have also drawn conclusions about your breeding practice, those conclusions could equally be drawn from your own post on this thread  :-\

Absolutly agree.

I think that purchsing a prospective puppy is an exciting and confusing time (particluary the first) for the buyer and people often forget something.

Just as you Sandy didn't volunteer information nether did Ben's Mum.

I think we need to remember that Ben's Mum gave her version of events and did not speculate, it's those, including myself, that have done that. I can understand you were feeling unwell, perhaps at another time there would have been more exchange of conversation.

One thing I don't understand is if you were unhappy with the amount of questions asked by Ben's Mum, why did you not encourage the exchange and if were you still happy to let them have a pup (as it's seems you were) then it really shouldn't be an issue now.  :huh:

I can understand if you think your reputation is being soured you'ld be upset but I think being critical now is not going to help the situation, your reputation should go before you as this being a misunderstanding.
I'd never have identified you as the breeder from what was said.

Me neither, there are so many breeders, I did not have a clue as to your identity .......until you chose to post,
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2009, 07:48:15 PM »
Ben's Mum was obviously very, very upset and i can understand her disappointment at deciding to not buy the 12 week old puppy.  She obviously meant for the breeder not to be identified ph34r but needed some support and understanding from COL'ers.

She still has this from myself. :blink:

It must be upsetting for the Breeder too : but don't feel this should be taken 'personally'.  Sometimes things dont always work out as we wish and it was maybe 'crossed wires' :-\

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »
Ben's Mum was obviously very, very upset and i can understand her disappointment at deciding to not buy the 12 week old puppy.  She obviously meant for the breeder not to be identified ph34r but needed some support and understanding from COL'ers.

She still has this from myself. :blink:

It must be upsetting for the Breeder too : but don't feel this should be taken 'personally'.  Sometimes things dont always work out as we wish and it was maybe 'crossed wires' :-\

Totally agree with you. It seems to me to be just a case of misunderstanding and two very different personalities. I don't see how either party is in the wrong  :-\
I hope things work out well for both of them.

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2009, 08:03:37 PM »
Well I apologise for the misunderstanding but you can understand why Bens Mum would have assumed she had been hung up on given the way you have both reported the conversation to have been going....It's a pity neither of you managed to check this fact and so much hurt has been caused on both sides.

You certainly sound like you have the best interest of your dogs at heart so I am sure you are relieved that although it may have taken Bens mum some time she was honest and informed you she wouldn't be taking a pup rather than have her take one because she was too embarrassed to say otherwise and have her have been anything less than delighted.

I hope now you both see how the misunderstanding came about and have had your say you both feel a bit better about the whole episode.  :-*
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2009, 08:07:27 PM »

I hope now you both see how the misunderstanding came about and have had your say you both feel a bit better about the whole episode.  :-*

This seems like a nice way to end the thread - a point on which both parties can hopefully agree.  :D