Author Topic: Your attention seeking cocker  (Read 4454 times)

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
Re: Your attention seeking cocker
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 10:53:34 AM »
Breeze has these tendencies and when I'm on the telephone its a me, me, me situation ,to the point she springs off the floor onto my lap. Coco comes for a proper cuddle, like a baby, head under my chin job  :luv: when we are settled down watching TV, he'll sit there flicking his tail until I say you want a love, thats it he's the side me  waiting to be picked up.
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 10:56:22 AM »
Maddy was very demanding, she still can be, though she has learned that if we don't respond to her "requests" for attention immediately then we are not going to "this time" she ususally jumps up onto the settee and throws herself down in one corner with a humph and long weary sigh as though her world has just come to an end  :005: :005:

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 10:26:49 PM »
Gari is all over everybody who comes in, he just loves cuddles and attention, he can't believe it if someone ignores him, and he cries! :005:

At home with us, he launches himself on top of us for a cuddle with his paws round our necks, or else lies in my arms for a cuddle or a belly rub. Occasionally it gets a bit much as he wants to lick my arms, neck, shoulders, any part he can reach, so I then have to be strict and tell him to get off - he can't believe it! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 11:52:50 PM »
Buttons isn't too bad, it's on her terms and when she does want attention she ether head buts you or claws the skin off your arms  ::) Can't say the same for Gracie and Lola, they never leave me alone with both of them normally trying to climb on my knee at the same time  ::)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 06:50:05 AM »
One of the reasons (there were many) that Bonnee was rehomed to us was that she was attention-seeking; and she sure does demand to be fussed in a way that Molo never has  :005:  She pulls at our hands with her paws, shoves her head under our forearms and hurls herself on her back across our laps, demanding that we tickle her tummy or stroke her ears  ::)

you are decribing ella exactly, we had her in july , shes 3 in april and she is an absolute cuddle monster she will also lie across me to try and stop the other 2 having fuss, no growling or anything she just gets in their way, i just ignore her and carry on as i was but she looks so mortally wounded (spaniel eyes) ive just got to laugh .  all 3 of mine follow me everywhere and i dont mind at all but they are demanding  :D :D 
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline cerinrich

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 11:17:46 AM »
Cuddles with Hattie are very much on her terms and she's got to be tired to really want one but I think she'd happily condescend to let me rub her tummy/ears all day long

Offline dizzymare

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »
ellie does this too -but the worst thing is that she keeps batting you with her paw - this can come sharp (nails) especially when its on the top of your head when you are trying to have a lie in  >:D