Author Topic: heartbroken....Charlie has gone......  (Read 7355 times)

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
Re: heartbroken....Charlie has gone......
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »
Archie our little springer keeps looking for him round the house and garden...bless his little heart. Has anyone got experience of another dog being left on his own? Were they ok? Did they get through it?

Thank you so much everyone...I just hope being on here can help a little with the heartbreak.  :luv:

I am so very sorry for your loss, my heart really goes out to you  :-*

Our springer Paddy has had 2 loses in his 8 years. Paddy lost his mother (to stomach cancer) 2 years ago last month and to say that he went into the equivalent of a human depression was an understatement. Paddy lay by his mothers side when the vet came to the house to let her go to sleep and when she did he got up and walked away and lay looking out of the window  :'( Paddy lost all zest for life and after a couple of weeks he started looking forward and getting excited to go out. He would be happy when he was out and when he came back into the house his face would just fall and he would go and lie in his bed, poor boy, he had never been separated from his mother for more than a day since he was born.

2 months after we lost Paddy's mum we got Milly, my first cocker who was aged 7.5 months. As soon as Paddy saw her his face lit up and he never looked back. Then very tragically we lost Milly last July in a car accident at only 22 mts old. Poor Paddy, he was back to being lost and lonely and wondering what had happened to his playmate  :'(

We now have another cocker Murron, who terrorizes the life out of Paddy and he loves it, well most of the time, there are occasions where he could see her far enough  >:(

I don't know if what I am saying will help you at all but, Paddy did get through it and very sadly had to go through it again. I think as Paddy had always had company since he was born made life so much harder for the poor boy as he was totally lost without his mammy and then his playmate Milly  :luv:  :luv:

Give your Archie lots of extra cuddles and we send him gentle hugs as we do to you too, take care of yourselves  :-*

Run free at the bridge Charlie with all our beloved ones  :luv:

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2009, 10:04:20 PM »
I recently lost my Cocker Spaniel leaving me with a Little Jack Russell, she has looked around for Max but has adapted very quickly, but from talking to others I have been very lucky and I hope you are too and that Archie soon settles as Kia has.

Before my girls now we had a setter (Poppy) and a, as above, JRT (Coco). When Poppy passed, as terrible as it sounds, Coco thrived. She had a short period of 'Isn't she coming back?' but in the long run she very much enjoyed being an only dog even though she arrived years after Poppy. I don't know if it's a breed thing, also it was Poppy's time, perhaps more so and dog by dog thing but give it time and see how he goes. The fact that you're feeling so terrible may also be affecting him as much as anything.

Take care of yourself  :luv:
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline sox

• Site Member
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2009, 10:35:49 PM »
Im so sorry this has happened to you, your poor parents must feel terrible, its not anyones fault but a tragic accident, Run free at the bridge Charlie, and look after yourself, it will take time.  :luv:

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2009, 10:47:56 PM »
Our springer Paddy has had 2 loses in his 8 years. Paddy lost his mother (to stomach cancer) 2 years ago last month and to say that he went into the equivalent of a human depression was an understatement. Paddy lay by his mothers side when the vet came to the house to let her go to sleep and when she did he got up and walked away and lay looking out of the window  :'( Paddy lost all zest for life and after a couple of weeks he started looking forward and getting excited to go out. He would be happy when he was out and when he came back into the house his face would just fall and he would go and lie in his bed, poor boy, he had never been separated from his mother for more than a day since he was born.

2 months after we lost Paddy's mum we got Milly, my first cocker who was aged 7.5 months. As soon as Paddy saw her his face lit up and he never looked back. Then very tragically we lost Milly last July in a car accident at only 22 mts old. Poor Paddy, he was back to being lost and lonely and wondering what had happened to his playmate  :'(

We now have another cocker Murron, who terrorizes the life out of Paddy and he loves it, well most of the time, there are occasions where he could see her far enough  >:(

I don't know if what I am saying will help you at all but, Paddy did get through it and very sadly had to go through it again. I think as Paddy had always had company since he was born made life so much harder for the poor boy as he was totally lost without his mammy and then his playmate Milly  :luv:  :luv:

Give your Archie lots of extra cuddles and we send him gentle hugs as we do to you too, take care of yourselves  :-*

Lovely post Cath  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2009, 11:14:05 PM »
Im so so sorry.

Offline Angels of Fur

• Alfie and Honey
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2009, 11:24:51 PM »
there is nothing no words that can be said to take this heartache away or bring you your charlie back.

Just want to say that through your difficult time we are sending you gentle hugs and thinking of you.

xxx take care
My life is now complete.......cockers are my life

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2009, 11:57:11 PM »

I am so very sorry....I think a lot of us know the pain you are feeling and my heart goes out to you.  Run free Charlie  :luv: :luv:
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2009, 09:05:13 AM »
I'm so sorry - i have only read your first post and the one above from cath and I can't see to type  :'(

Run free at the bridge charlie  :luv:

Both fern and Braan were lost when we lost Jock and it took them a good 2 - 3 months to accept that he was no longer here. Slightly different I know as I still had two - but it was hard for them to adjust too and it took time

Offline Charlie & Jasper

• Jasper the village idiot
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2009, 09:12:40 AM »

Lovely post Cath  :luv:

I agree....thank you Cath that was a lovely post and has helped put my mind at rest a little. Archie is currently still very confused - he seems to go through periods of sadness where he just lies looking at the door or out of the windows waiting for his best friend to come home. I think the fact he has been with Charlie every day since the age of 8 weeks, plus Archie doesn't really get along with many other dogs so Charlie really was his best friend.

Archie has also become very clingy...not wanting to leave our sides when he's not watching out of the window and whining if someone goes out - I'm becoming worried that he's going to develop some separation anxiety or get himself very worked up when we have to go out.

Is there anything I can do to help him? Watching him like this is breaking my heart for a second time...all i want to do is make things better for him during this sad time. Would something like rescue remedy help when he gets worries about people leaving? Is there any other homeopathic remedies that might help him?

I'm going to take him back to our favourite walking spot today but he has become so unsure as he followed Charlie's lead - hopefully if we go slowly we can build his confidence back up.

Thank you everyone so so much for all your kind lovely words...they have helped us all through this awful time - I showed my parents the number of posts this thread has had and it brought tears to us all. The kindness you have all shown is amazing and I just can't put into words how amazed I feel and how I hope Charlie knows how many people have helped us through this. Thank you everyone - if i could say it to you all personally I would!  :luv:  :luv:
Charlie 27.01.08 - 04.04.09

Offline babushka

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2009, 09:13:30 AM »
So very sorry :'(

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2009, 09:33:15 AM »
So sorry to read of your loss.  :'(

Run free, Charlie. Run free at the bridge.  :'( :'(
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
Only just pickedup on this, I'm really sorry.

Run Free Charlie.
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2009, 02:08:15 PM »

So sorry to hear about Charlie.  :'(

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2009, 03:16:05 PM »
So sorry to hear your sad news about Charlie  :'(

Run Free Charlie at the Rainbow Bridge  :'( :'(

LOTS of HUGS to you.

XXX Val,Honey and Holly

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2009, 03:30:33 PM »

I really am so sorry  :'(  :'(  :'( my heart goes out to you all  :luv:

Run free Charlie boy  :luv: