Author Topic: What Would You Do?  (Read 9762 times)

Offline dillydolly

• Site Member
    • http://
What Would You Do?
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2004, 03:46:25 PM »
zorro is 11 weeks old and he is a blue roan there is soon piccies of him on the gallery

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
What Would You Do?
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2004, 04:35:25 PM »
Oh DillyDolly I am so sorry to hear about poor Dilly, it must have been devestating. We had a rescue GSDx PTS 6 years ago, and it is still painful to think about those last few days when we knew what we had to do (she was only 5)  :(

And how awful that his breeder wasn't interested in his allergies, and so doesn't know he's gone - its scary to think that she is probably still breeding, and is likely to have a good reputation, and considered to be responsible; I wonder how many other litters had pups with these problems? Did you tell the Kennel Club - surely the breeder should investigate any reported heath problems?

I always tell them not to buy from these pet stores and explain my reasons why and they are quite amazed and thought that these places were the right places to buy from!

This is one of biggest gripes - puppy farmers and stores advertise and promote their puppies, so when anyone begins their search, this is what they see and respond to. Reputable breeders on the whole, don't advertise, so it can be a real detective job to even find a breeder; you have to join the local doggy circle long before you have got a doggy :blink:

Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
What Would You Do?
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2004, 04:08:16 PM »
I've created a new thread here for Birtle's problems with Luca.

Jane
Jane

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
What Would You Do?
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2004, 12:00:28 AM »
Jan glad you stuck with Billy even though you realised that you might not have got a cocker if you'd known the amount of work that was needed. Cockers are such lovely dogs and lapdogs they aren't, but they're worth the hard work in the end. My own take on them is that they're hooligans in cute clothing, sense of humour required LOL
Yep love him to bits! I think only other cocker owners can truly understand what loving animals cockers really are. Sometimes i think i have billy "human like" as he always comes up to me for a cuddle!! How many breeds would actually cuddle their owners????
Next door neighbour thinks i am mad! She said she could never have coped with half of what we have with Billy (chewing, barking, energetic etc), i try to explain that his lovingness and fantastic nature makes it all worthwhile. Somehow not being a cocker owner i dont think she will ever understand!!!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Uploading some pictures of billy now in the particolours section of gallery (Hope that is right!!)