Author Topic: Yet another scare!  (Read 2023 times)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Yet another scare!
« on: April 07, 2009, 03:09:39 PM »
I don’t know what Brodie’s trying to do to me at the moment, give me a heart attack I think >:(

There’s an old shale bing near my home which has been converted into a woodland.  I’ve been taking Brodie up there for the last few weeks along with my mum to try and increase Brodie’s confidence levels.  She loves it, especially running free off lead :luv: 

Usually if we meet a dog she’s not sure of she’ll come and stand beside me, but today when we were halfway up, a large worker type retriever appeared and managed to get between the two of us.  The retriever went into full chase mode and Brodie immediately turned tail and headed back the way we came, right towards the entrance that led right onto a busy country lane :o :o

The poor girl kept trying to turn back to me but each time the dog charged at her.  They disappeared out of sight and I had no option but to run after them (this is the person who few minutes before was struggling to walk up the hill - it’s amazing what adrenaline can do :lol:).  After the tragic accidents that’s occurred in the last few weeks on COL, you can imagine what was going through my head :'(

By the time I got them back in sight, they were almost at the gate.  Thankfully at this point Brodie managed to dash past the retriever (screaming her wee heart out) and came galloping towards me.  The poor girl was trembling like a leaf :'(

The whole thing has left me shaken and a bit upset.  This is twice in three days I could have lost her in completely different situations.  It seems that no matter how careful I am with her, things can still go so easily wrong. 

Sorry for the long post

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
Re: Yet another scare!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 03:18:24 PM »
What a scare - must ask, where was the other dog's owner?  Poor Brodie, she must have been terrified, hope this doesn't put her confidence back too much.  :luv:
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 03:22:23 PM »
must ask, where was the other dog's owner? 

About 5 miles behind her dog >:(.  I know her and she really is a lovely lady, but she has very little control over him ph34r

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
Oh no, poor Brodie. I can imagine how scary that must have been for both of you knowing how frightened she gets when strange dogs charge her :-\  I'm really glad you got her back safely and I hope this doesn't set back her progress any. D'you want to meet up for another walk again soon, she was really good around my two :luv:

I think she really might be trying to do for you though, I dunno how much more your heart will take ph34r :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »
OMG!! Poor you and poor Brodie.  :luv: Try and look on the bright side as she was trying to get back to you the whole time and eventually managed it, bless her. I hope the other owner at least apologised. Hopefully thats your quoter (sp?) of bad luck for the moment. You deserve a quiet evening now and a BIG drink.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »
Oh I think I would have gone to jelly  :o Hope you are both ok  :luv: This is my fear, as Alfie doesnt like dogs running at him, I just know he would do the same  :-\

Offline Smudgesmum

• Site Member
  • mum to Oliver,9 and Smudge,4
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »
Oh dear what a horrible experience. I remember Smudge being scared on one of his early walks and I thought I'd seen the last of him as he sped away scared out of his little wits. Hope you are both now recovered..Liz

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 05:43:38 PM »
That's the 3rd thing then so that IS the last Brodie scare  :luv: :luv:

Glad you're both ok  :luv: and hope this hasn't affected her confidence  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Huggy Bear

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »
Awww that's such a shame, poor girl! Big hugs to you both!  :luv:

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »
Phew,she doesn't do things by halves does she,you both must of been petrified

Poor little Brodie,and poor you  :-*

I think a big fat glass of wine is in order
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 06:39:39 PM »
I do feel for you, its such a 'heart stopping' moment.  :o  If you have anymore scares with Brodie you will need some tranquilisers.  ;)

Just so pleased she is o.k.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 06:42:56 PM »
Your lifespan must have been halved by now  :o :-*
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 07:56:42 PM »
D'you want to meet up for another walk again soon, she was really good around my two :luv:
Brodie says she’d love to have another meet up with Rodaidh and Tilly soon, I was so pleased at how relaxed she was around them both :luv:
The woman was very apologetic, in fact she was very worried that her dog had been aggressive because of the amount of noise coming from Brodie ph34r
I think I’ve just about calmed down now.  I might just look into getting those tranquilisers though :shades:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 02:24:54 PM »
Well, Brodie refused to go into the woods today :-\.  That’s weeks of work down the drain, all because of one out of control dog >:D >:D >:D >:D

x In memory of Barney x

Offline LizH

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 02:28:02 PM »
Oh Jenny - so sorry - hope I didn't jinx things by joking about the third thing!  ph34r

Liz and Pebble x