Author Topic: when does the pain go?  (Read 9288 times)

Offline dog22

• Site Member
  • Benji loved forever- together now with Rosie dog
Re: when does the pain go?
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2009, 11:46:16 PM »
thankyou :luv:

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2009, 12:58:04 AM »
I too have a new puppy but never a day or hours go past when I dont think of her especially liittle things like having last mouthful of  my baked beans.Istill cant visit some of the places with Penny but we love her to bits and the house is alive again. Hope this helps. Joane and Penny.[i had lois to stay with me and that helped even he missed her.
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »
Just read your thread, no your are not mad, I hurt for about 2 years after I lost my beloved GSD Anuska, The only thing that really got me over this was when I had my cocker puppy Bella probably because I was too busy to greive!!!! I would have had another dog sooner if I could. I used to take myself away and have a good cry, I loved her so much I would sit with her lead and blanket. Even when I had my pup I could not let her use anything that was Anuskas, however I did get to a point when I had actually moved on and could let Bella have her ball and blanket. I may have healed quicker if I had another dog straight away but that was not possible. Just take your time and do whatever makes you feel better. A new dog is not a replacement its a new beginning on a new adventure. I love Anuska as much today as I always did, she is not forgotten she is now in a special place.
Take care, sorry to hear of your loss it takes time and its horrible.
Love Sharon, Bella and Jasmine x woof woof
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline dog22

• Site Member
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2009, 10:16:19 PM »
today i walked 2 neighbourhood dogs and it was good.I have to do it again 4 more times til their family gets back home.the other day i walked the downs link and felt so strongly that i should have a dog with me and then lo and beholdd an old mans dog attached itself to me and walked with me quite some way despite the old chap calling it.its such a comfort.watching a programme on tele tonight and seeing a family with their 2 dogs snuggled on the sofa in a doggy heap.all that stuff i miss.but on the flipside its a financial problem with me.I,m wondering if there is any way i could foster a dog indefinately or is that asking too much?I just dont know.I miss Benjis warm cuddlyness and his beautiful eyes which spoke volumes.I have been looking at the videos on here and its made my heart skip a beat seeing the cockerness of the lovely dogs and the mannerisms which could be Benji. :luv:

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2009, 11:08:05 PM »
How about becoming a volunteer fosterer for one of the Spaniel rescues? They always need plenty of people to help out, and you could opt to do long term fostering.  :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline dog22

• Site Member
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2009, 11:50:05 AM »
thans will look into it ;)

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2009, 07:41:02 AM »
Totally agree there, I don't see the point of walking without dog! 
Maybe he's struggling himself, and to say no way, never to another dog is his way of making sure he never hurts like this again?
Just an idea, I don't know your OH obviously.
I used to just take myself off and cry when I lost Chewitt, as like you, my OH thought I should have been ok after a few days. Also I had to be strong for the kids, as if they saw me cry, it set them off. I had to get OH to put everything of Chewy's away, as I couldn't even look at a food bowl without falling apart.
It's a horrible, horrible time, but it will get easier, it just takes time.
Take care, and I hope things sort out between you x x

Offline dog22

• Site Member
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2009, 12:52:29 PM »
day before yesterday he got home to find me crying and he did give me a big hug when he knew i was crying over missing Benj :luv:

Offline Mr Darcy

« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2009, 06:59:17 PM »
How is it going looking after neighbours 2 dogs, has OH has anything to say about it? Can he see that if you have time to fit in 2 dogs (one of them ill) that you can fit time in for a dog of you own, has he relented at all, just wondered regarding the cuddle he gave you when he found you crying. I am a great believer of things finding a way of working out, even when they seem impossible. Thinking of you (((hugs)))

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »
dogg22 and everyone else who can identify with what you are going through.

I have just found this extract from a book about the emotions of pet loss and found it really helpful. I have posted it on a separate thread. Thought it appropriate to put a link here too.

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=62418.0
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline dog22

• Site Member
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2009, 06:36:12 PM »
hi happydog thanks so much for the link :luv:well looking after the neighbours dogs actually took a lot of my time as the owner had asked me to go in once a day but i decided that wasnt nearly enough(for me or them lol)so went in inbetween my 2 jobs which was hard because i am up against it most days so i think oh just saw mw rushing about like a blue bottomed fly and in pain from the bad back i got from them pulling in 2 different directions!so not a good move unfortunately. ::)