Author Topic: Advice Regarding Purchase fo Car Dog Pod  (Read 489 times)

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
Advice Regarding Purchase fo Car Dog Pod
« on: June 21, 2009, 08:47:18 AM »
Hi
We presently use individual dog cages in the car but with 3 Cockers this is really not very practical as it means we cannot carry anyone/anything else.
We are looking at purchasing a dog pod/cage for the car and hope that you wonderful people have lots of experience and advice on best places to purchase, things to look out for and pointers to avoid
Thanks in advance
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline Surfer Rosa

Re: Advice Regarding Purchase fo Car Dog Pod
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 10:30:54 AM »
http://www.barjo.co.uk/

I will be going with these guys when I get kitted out - I'm using cages at the moment, but am looking for a more bespoke solution to maximise space. I don't have any experience of them though yet, but they look good to me. Hope someone comes along soon with an informed recommendation for you. Good luck with your purchase.
Eddie, Jake, Setomooncalf and Yoshi
AKA: Abraham Stinkin', Russell Bustle, Jimmy 'The Chin' Smellynellio and Googly Puff.

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
Re: Advice Regarding Purchase fo Car Dog Pod
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 12:44:21 PM »
Barjo are great, but quite expensive.  I've had a car crate from them which I used when Milo was an only dog, but then when we got Mocha I ended up getting a tailgate guard so that they had more space.  It does mean we don't have any other boot space though.   ;)

They were expensive, but really good quality and the tailgate guard is nearly 2 years old and as good as new.

Clare, Milo & Mocha