Author Topic: Young Kennel club  (Read 985 times)

Offline sassy-susie

Young Kennel club
« on: June 25, 2009, 08:41:33 AM »
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone on here is a member of the young kennel club, im 18, so was considering on joining.  :shades: :D

Susie

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Young Kennel club
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 12:17:15 PM »
Will get my daughter to logon later, she's 14 and a member  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline sassy-susie

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 12:53:25 PM »
ok cheers  :D

Offline WarwickshireFlyball

• K925 Pet Services
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 01:42:35 PM »
Not a member but I went to camp last year to help with the flyball - I think financially it is worth is just for the free entry to Crufts and Discover Dogs... (Plus being 18 you can do the outward bound courses which people rave about)

Offline Meggie

• Site Member
  • Winning The Gundog JHA Semi-Finals 2011
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
Will get my daughter to logon later, she's 14 and a member  ;)

Hi this is her daughter pm me if you want any help.
the ykc is really fantastic, i've recently been to camp (training day) in may and the people were really helpful and nice.
It's worth the money really as you get free tickets for crufts (Which i love. :005:) I'm not really shore what the senior members get but i get a monthly magazines called fetch. They give you loads of good experiences like a few years ago, I was in Friends for life in the background at crufts with my dog louie, and carrer days with dogs and loads more!!!
hope this helps...pm me if it doesn't  ph34r

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 11:06:25 PM »
Just to add to Meg's post, The YKC membership was worth it just for the free Crufts tickets. They also link in with the Cinnamon Trust walking dogs for the elderley and infirm, they have various careers days and the camps Meg mentioned. I've seen the reports about the older camps and they look good. Depends what you want from it.

When ever I've contacted them about showing (YKC handling and stakes classes) they've been really helpful as they were with details for the activity weekend.  Sure you've seen the website http://www.ykc.org.uk/

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 11:11:51 PM »
I was a member for a couple of years (I don't renew my membership anymore though).

The biggest advantage for me was being able to compete in YKC classes and at the Crufts finals which was a fantastic experience  :blink:  However, not all the competitions are on the weekend days (I found I couldnt go to some of my finals due to college commitments).

The training days/activity weekends I went to were excellent  :D .  

Meg is right...things are a bit different for the over 18's.  It would be worth checking the most recent rules to see how it would affect the competitions you are eligible for.

If you do join I hope you enjoy  :blink: