Author Topic: New Year cocker waist challenge anyone?  (Read 1632 times)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: New Year cocker waist challenge anyone?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »
Can honorary cockers join the challenge or is this a yetti-free zone :005:. I would like Reuben to join in (depending on how long he stays here and if he'll let me measure him). I've been trying to get the weight off him since he arrived but we're not doing so well ::). Mind you, I think Brodie's put on a slight bit of weight as well so maybe this would do her some good too!
Of course, all free to join and the more cyber help the better. Honarary white  Scottish yettis are very welcome. First find his waist Jenny!

That might be easier said than done :005:. doG is he hairy :o. I will hunt out the measuring tape tomorrow if I have time.

Hope you and Rufus have a very happy New Year!

x In memory of Barney x

Offline mcphee

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 07:27:59 PM »
Fret not Sue, I took no offence. I think Rufus is perfect (and so is Chloe). It's the vet and Cruella who don't!

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »
Vivian, Bella and I will join this, I have been trying to get her to shed a few pounds. The last time she was weighed she was 15.9kg and I know she is tubby. The vet did not say so he just said she was heavier than last time and the vet nurse said they all put on weight during the winter due to less exercise, this was about a month ago so I would be interested to see what she weighs now.  I weigh out their food and the treats have been cut right back, I am struggling with exercise as she has a leg injury but I do think she has lost some, she is very very fluffy though which does make her look fatter than she is. When she goes back regarding her leg I will get her weighed again. I do hope she has lots some and its not in my mind!!!!!
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline mcphee

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 08:55:34 PM »
Vivian, Bella and I will join this, I have been trying to get her to shed a few pounds. The last time she was weighed she was 15.9kg and I know she is tubby. The vet did not say so he just said she was heavier than last time and the vet nurse said they all put on weight during the winter due to less exercise, this was about a month ago so I would be interested to see what she weighs now.  I weigh out their food and the treats have been cut right back, I am struggling with exercise as she has a leg injury but I do think she has lost some, she is very very fluffy though which does make her look fatter than she is. When she goes back regarding her leg I will get her weighed again. I do hope she has lots some and its not in my mind!!!!!

The exercise does seem to make a difference. Since the maize was harvested and Rufus started understanding recall, it has been easier to control his weight. He does quite a lot of sprinting to catch me up and on his little missions. I have stopped the sprinting after the ball on a rope to protect his hips, and swap it for more off lead walks. And no Greensticks at lunch time!

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »
I need to start shutting her out when I fed Lib, I know I do, but it's a faff due to the way our house is laid out. Plus I am all for fostering a positive relationship between the 2 of them and the constant supple of food is doing plenty to reassure D that the baby is a jolly good thing to have around.

It's just frustrating as she only gets about 6 pieces of kibble per day anyway and her favourite treat is a carrot.

Actually I am going to get her a serious haircut too. That will help  :lol2: