Author Topic: discussion thread for 2010 Calendar, 2009 Christmas cards & 2009 Fridge magnets  (Read 10692 times)

Offline Karma

• Site Member

Argh!!!!

Just looked back at the Christmas Card thread and realised I copied the wrong link for one of the entries.... I know it's too late to change it now, but would it make sense for the mods of this competition to just delete the obviously un-Christmassy picture of Honey posing in the plum tree!?!?!?!  ph34r
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Are we Coler's voting for the calender & magnets too? or just the xmas cards?

Just the christmas cards  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
At the risk of sounding like I think any of mine will be picked, I need to withdraw all entries as the computer problem we had, has resulted in loosing all files (photos, letters etc etc etc )  :'( :'( :'(

Although I have some low resolution pics on photobucket, I have no high resolution pics for the last 12 months.  Lost all the pictures of holidays/puppy pics etc.  :'(

May as well remove them now.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Oh Jenny I'm really sorry to hear that, what a nightmare :-\   
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Oh Jenny I'm really sorry to hear that, what a nightmare :-\   

What Nicola said.  That must be really upsetting for you Jenny. I keep meaning to back up my photos and don't get round to it...I would be heartbroken to loose them. Note to self...get on with it woman!!!!

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
So sorry to here this Jenny.  :'( My dad who is the computer whizz here says that most hard drives are recoverable. You should ask about it at your local PC shop. I really hope you can get them back, Sarah. x
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
Yes I don't think computers can wipe themselves totally.  Hopefully the pics will be on the hard drive somewhere.  I wouldn't suggest PC world though.  They generally have no idea of what they are doing (from our experience  ph34r)  Try yellow pages for a smaller maybe independant company.

Good luck, hope you can retrieve them.

Offline loumeg

• Site Member
  • Hi everyone i'm a bigger girl now
Yes i agree deff find a small but reputable comp expert.  And good luck.  Cookie and Jasper have their paws crossed for a positive outcome and i have my fingers legs and toes crossed.  :D

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Yes I don't think computers can wipe themselves totally.  Hopefully the pics will be on the hard drive somewhere.  I wouldn't suggest PC world though.  They generally have no idea of what they are doing (from our experience  ph34r)  Try yellow pages for a smaller maybe independant company.

We contacted a local person last night but he didn't hold much hope.  However from a link on here, we ran a deep scan (OH up most of the night) and looks like it's recovered a number of photos, don't know what at the moment as still more software to load.

It also looks like the back up disc OK so pics like the one of Louie in the mud is OK and I found I hadn't wiped the memory stick from last weeks holiday, so all the beach pics safe.  Will find out later what I have in terms of documents when word/excel reloaded.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon

We contacted a local person last night but he didn't hold much hope.  However from a link on here, we ran a deep scan (OH up most of the night) and looks like it's recovered a number of photos, don't know what at the moment as still more software to load.

It also looks like the back up disc OK so pics like the one of Louie in the mud is OK and I found I hadn't wiped the memory stick from last weeks holiday, so all the beach pics safe.  Will find out later what I have in terms of documents when word/excel reloaded.

So glad you've managed to get something back :)
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery

So glad you've managed to get something back :)

me too - hope you recover loads more  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
I'm a plum and have sent my results to Nicola instead of Helen  ph34r Sorry, I was half asleep  ph34r Sahall I re-send them to you, Helen?

They're all fab!! It was really hard to vote!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
I'm a plum and have sent my results to Nicola instead of Helen  ph34r Sorry, I was half asleep  ph34r Sahall I re-send them to you, Helen?

They're all fab!! It was really hard to vote!

that's fine Christina - don't worry about re-sending  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Karma

• Site Member

I'm a plum and realised I totally forgot to enter the fridge magnet competition... I had 2 nice shots - was just trying to decide between the two....  ::)

Ho Hum - there's always next time time!!!   :005:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
Wow I've just seen Ben's mum's picture in the action shot section- AMAZING! Love it. I'd pay to buy a post card with that on. Beautiful pic  :luv: