Author Topic: Tia has been hit by a car.  (Read 7633 times)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Tia has been hit by a car.
« on: October 08, 2009, 05:27:52 PM »
She is going to be ok, as this happened yesterday when I was in hospital having my investigations. OH took the dogs to a local park, it is the first time he has taken them on his own, and the first time Tia has been in that particular park.

They were in the glen part of the park, and in order to cross to the other side of the burn, they had to come out of the glen, but were still in the actual park. He made sure both Duggie and Tia were with him all the way as there is a gate further up the hill that leads to a busy road, but Tia heard a dog barking in the street and suddenly bolted up the hill and out of the park and across the road, where she was struck by a passing car. OH didn't see it happen, he heard her screaming, and heart in mouth, grabbed Duggie and raced out of the gate to find her lying on the road not moving. :'(

A woman appeared with a blanket, and a few other people stopped to help, OH got her immediately to the vet, where they said they didn't think she had internal injuries, but may have broken her leg and had bad bruising, she also had a cut on her mouth. By this time, she could stand up, but couldn't walk. They decided to send her home to be monitored, and she was given metacam and morphine injections, and he was told to bring her in this morning to be x-rayed.

He had to come and collect me from hospital, and I didn't notice anything until, as we got in the car, he was shaking and in a terrible state, and he told me what had happened. I was too out of it with my anaesthetic to really take it in, and on hindsight am glad of that, but he reassured me she was ok. I phoned the vet as soon as I got in, and she told me to keep a close eye on her all night and get her straight in if she got worse. It was so worrying, as she was just lying in her bed all night, but the morphine was making her sleepy. :'(

She is much better today, and can hobble around slowly, the vet thinks it is a bad sprain, and she is on metacam and rest for a while. She was so lucky, as apparently, an articulated lorry was passing at the same time as the car that hit her. I am so shaken up now, and can't believe what happened, a split second and she was nearly gone. OH is blaming himself, but it happened so quickly that he couldn't have caught her, he is cursing himself for not putting their leads on at that part, but thought the gate was far enough away. The thought that we nearly lost her is horrendous, but she is still with us asking for cuddles and treats today. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
Re: Tia has been hit by a car.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 05:31:27 PM »
How awful for you all - as I was reading I was thinking please let Tia be ok. 

Hopefully some rest will see her get better day by day - such a lucky escape, as it sounds as if it could have been so much worse.

Take care the both of you  :luv:
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 05:32:51 PM »
Oh Fiona, what a totally c**p day  :'( Your OH must of been beside himself worrying about you and then thinking what could of been  :'(

I hope that Tia recovers well, in the meantime its TLC and cuddles for you both

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 05:34:39 PM »
OMG Fiona what a day  :o :o

Thank goodness Tia is going to be OK - what a fright for your OH and for you.  :-\

You must be sooo relieved - I bet you are giving her lots of special cuddles today.  :luv:

Get well soon Tia  :-*
Julie and Watson

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 05:37:51 PM »
Oh Dog, poor Tia, :o  i was just about to reply to your hospital post, you are certainly both in the wars  >:( , i hope the consultant can finally find out what is causing your problems, a hug to you and a gentle squidge for Tia  :-* :luv: i am sure that Duggie is doing his best Florence Nightingale impression for his Mum and baby Sister :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 05:38:28 PM »
Oh Fiona... MASSIVE MASSIVE hugs to all of you. These things happen and at least all of you are ok.

Sounds like given a bit of rest she will be fine too, what a shock though  :-* :-* :-*

How are you from your op?

xxxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 05:39:47 PM »
 :o :o

Good Grief, thank goodness Tia is going to be ok.

:luv: :luv:

But what a fright for your OH...  (and you, of course!)
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »
Poor Tia  :'(

Yesterday was a horrible day all round then, hope both you and Tia are feeling better soon  :luv:
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »
Awww Fiona what a terrible day you and your OH must have had :'( I am so glad she seems better today , give Tia a gentle hug from us and a big kiss from Belle to Duggie cos I bet he is making you feel better :angel: Your poor OH too I hope he is still not feeling guilty, Tia is still new to you and you have yet to discover what will set her running (like the dog bark ) he wasn't to know that so really shouldn't blame himself. I hope you all have a relaxing evening to get over yesterday, lots of love  :luv: Jo and Belle
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 05:44:14 PM »
so pleased she's going to be ok :bigarmhug:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »
so pleased she's going to be ok :bigarmhug:

So am I  :-*

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 05:46:45 PM »
have just finished reading your update on the hosp. & then saw this.

you've all had a truly horrible day .......I feel for you all  :luv:

:bigarmhug: to you, your OH, lovely (lucky) Tia  :angel: & of course little Duggie too  :angel: . These things happen, no-one is too blame & hard as it is, try not to think what might of been. Be kind to yourselves & have a lovely evening full of cocker cuddles from your two  :luv: :luv:

Positive wishes for Tia that she continues to improve daily  :luv: :-*
           Lindsey & the girlies  :-* xxx

If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »
what a scare! am so glad shes ok.. now just make sure your OH is ok too! poor man , I bet he dreaded telling you..especially when you arent well either. hope you and tia are soon bombing about again xx

Offline Roslyn McConnell

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 05:50:06 PM »
Oh what a fright!!!! Ur poor OH must be feeling awfull but u are right these things can happen in a split second and u cant be on ur guard every second of every day!!

I hope you and Tia get better very soon. How are u feeling after ur trip to hospital?

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 05:52:18 PM »
Hope Tia is feeling a bit better today + your Oh isn't too badly shakened up.
Cuddles to you all. :luv:
xx
Jo, Poppy, Misty + Kinda.xx