Author Topic: First Time off lead for 4 months!!!! U/D  (Read 966 times)

Offline Oliver21508

First Time off lead for 4 months!!!! U/D
« on: October 10, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »
Hiya

I am so proud of my boy today. He's being going through his teenage phase since he was a year old, and his recall went to pot. So we went back to basics and put him onto the long line. He's been on a long line for 4 months now, re teaching recall, and today I decided to finally take the lead off and have him off lead. He was brillant, even though there were distractions (two dogs and a child), and he came back to me on first recall command. :D I'm so happy and so proud of him, and myself for teaching him. :D All my hard work paid off. So if there are any people struggling with their dog's teenage phase, it really does pass and it is the happiest moment when they do and all your hard work has paid off. :D

Offline luckypenny

Re: First Time off lead for 4 months!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »
What a lovely post :blink:. You must be so pleased - it's handy to know that things do get better. Penny, who is just over 5 months isn't too bad, but I am expecting her to go backwards when she hits the teen phase. At least I Know there is light at the end of the tunnel 

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »
Congratulations, he is a credit to you.

Eve

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 12:38:58 PM »
Well done, just goes to show hard work pays off. Ollie must be over the moon just as you are. Brilliant  :blink:

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 07:03:32 PM »
well done, I have a dog with poor recall and its so frustrating but I am working on it. Its so lovely to read your positive post and that your boy has done well.
You must be so pleased. The first time Bella did as she was told I had a grin from ear to ear. Very well done you. :clapping:
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 07:05:25 PM »
Well done to you and Ollie :clapping: :banana: :clapping:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 02:26:09 PM »
Well done the both of you x

Offline Mittens

• Rock Steady Eddie
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 02:31:13 PM »
Oh well done - I struggle with Eddie and distractions on recall - and it's lovely to read that it does all come together in the end after hard work and patience  :clapping:
Tracey, Eddie and Ruby

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 07:57:50 PM »
Thanks guys. He went for his first proper walk totally off lead (last time he was only off lead for 2 minutes) and he loved it. He was bouncing around, running around, chasing after pigeons, saying hello to dogs. he had a little spark lit up in his face and he really enjoyed it. and he kept coming back to me and sitting in front of me asking for a treat, without me saying a word to him. he just came over on his own. so proud of my little baby boy!!!! :D