Author Topic: Tia has been hit by a car.  (Read 7674 times)

Offline doughy

Re: Tia has been hit by a car.
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2009, 10:55:34 AM »
So very glad Tia is alright, your poor hubby wont want to take them out again on his own !

Offline Spangles

• Site Member
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2009, 11:01:39 AM »
Thank goodness Tia is fine, what an awful shock for both you and your OH.

I know we had a close shave with Lottie when she was about 5 months old.  We live on quite a busy road but it backs onto the most amazing wooded walk and we obviously don't let the dogs off the lead until we are well into the field, just before the wood.  One day out of the blue Lottie bolted back up the field and ran out onto the path that adjoins the busy road.  I have never been so terrified infact I was rooted to the spot with fear, I thought she will have just run across the road and will have been hit by a car for sure.  My OH took chase but couldn't catch her and she was completely deaf to us.  I eventually gathered myself and walked out of the field terrified that I would find her in the road but she had stayed on the path and was waiting at our back door for my OH when he eventually caught up with her.

I don't know what spooked her ,but to this day I can still remember the fear and dread as I walked out of that field.  Luck was on our side that day but it could so easily have been different.

Love me, love my dogs

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2009, 11:02:34 AM »
 :luv:  Hope everyone is feeling better today Fiona  :huh: 

Offline Gromit

• Site Member
  • Always look up.
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »
I hope she is all fine and gets over it (you and OH might not!)
Just want to say though, maybe to still get her x-rayed? Truffle's vet thought she was ok after she was hit by a car, just bruised. I kept taking her back cos I thought something was wrong and after twelve days she was x-rayed and found to have a very bad spinal fracture. She had run out on to the road, had never done it before. She's been very deaf since birth and recall is a problem. I still have nightmares about it, especially the pain she must have been in til diagnosed. I really don't want to scare you, but now when I hear about RTAs I do worry. I just wish I had been more assertive.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »
Just caught up with this. What a dreadful day for you all Fiona. I hope that Tia is feeling better this morning and that you and OH are getting over yesterday as well.

Hugs from me, William and little Louis  :luv: :luv:

Offline Rachsparkles

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2009, 02:22:28 PM »
Oh my word, only just seen this, hope Tia is ok and you too xx

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2009, 02:36:30 PM »
Just seen this what a day for you! Hope you are both OK. Hopefully this has taught her a hard fact of life.
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline xlynnx

• Donator
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »
oh my just read this, so glad you are both alright.

sending lots of healing thoughts your way x
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2009, 04:24:34 PM »
 :o How did I miss this one?  >:(

Glad to hear she's ok!
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2009, 05:11:55 PM »
what a rotten day for you all. Pleased to see she is ok. Big hugs to you all.

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2009, 05:26:04 PM »
Oh my, I felt sick when I read the title.  Poor Tia, and your poor OH.  As others have said, he mustn't blame himself, these scarey moments happen. 

Sending lots of XX to Tia and hope she feels better soon.  :luv:

Tiff escaped out of the front door once while I was unloading my car across the road from my house.  My heart was in my throat as she came hurtling towards me, luckily the car coming up wasn't too fast and stopped when I started jumping up and down waving at them (mad woman  ph34r)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2009, 06:48:46 PM »
Just want to say though, maybe to still get her x-rayed? Truffle's vet thought she was ok after she was hit by a car, just bruised. I kept taking her back cos I thought something was wrong and after twelve days she was x-rayed and found to have a very bad spinal fracture.
I'll be taking her back on Monday for a check up, but she does seem to be a lot better. :D

Tia is managing to use her leg now, although still limping, but stopping her jumping on and off our bed and the sofa is a bit of an ordeal! :o She also decided to try to run when I was giving them their breakfast, I don't know why, as I wasn't running and she wouldn't be getting it any quicker by beating me into the kitchen. ::)

She was blaming OH for her accident last night, she growled at him when he sat beside her to pat her, and she wouldn't go near him. :'( As if he didn't feel bad enough, but I'm sure she will soon forget all about it. We'll see how she is when he comes home tonight.

I took Duggie to the park today, and almost saw another dog being knocked down - she was just a pup, and was getting so excited playing with Duggie that her collar and lead somehow came off and she ran in front of a park ranger's van. :P

I'm just beginning to realise that Duggie always seems to be there when things happen... ph34r
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »
My gawd Fiona what a nightmare  :'( Glad she is ok  :-*

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »
She was blaming OH for her accident last night, she growled at him when he sat beside her to pat her, and she wouldn't go near him. :'( As if he didn't feel bad enough, but I'm sure she will soon forget all about it. We'll see how she is when he comes home tonight.

No she's not...and you know that  ;) Its not the way dogs think  :005: If she's growling at Stuart its for another reason, (not that I know what it is  ph34r :005:). I would bet that Mark would suggest OH hand feeds her  :dunno:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2009, 07:02:19 PM »
I'm just beginning to realise that Duggie always seems to be there when things happen... ph34r

Fiona, i would just check that Duggie hasn't got  666 tattooed on him  ph34r :005:

I hope Tia continues to be well.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie