Author Topic: Cocker Spaniel Names  (Read 14905 times)

Offline Dog Mad

• Site Member
  • Einstein
Cocker Spaniel Names
« on: October 23, 2004, 03:27:43 PM »
Hiya

We are looking forward to getting a Cocker Spaniel in the New Year, and so we have started to think of names.

Our favourites so far for a boy are: Jenson, Jarvis, Morgan, Einstein, Elmo and Nelson.  For a girl we are thinking of Amber, Willow, Holly and Jasmine.

So the question is, if you were to get another Cocker what would you call it and why?

Debbie, Einstein & Morgan
RIP Bailey 02/11/2009
RIP Tara 10/05/2007

Offline angeline

• Site Member
    • http://
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 04:20:55 PM »
Hi!  From the names that you have there I would have to go with Einstein.  I will soon have at home an Isaac (newton) and I had also thought of the name Einstein.  For a girl I like Jasmin, it sounds very feminine!

Keep us up date on the name  :rolleyes:  
[size=8]Isaac[/size][/font]

Offline Tidge

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 04:28:24 PM »
One of my pups new owners have choosen Duke for their boy and I think it suits him down to the ground.

Definitely a name I would have considered if I were to keep a boy, instead we're keeping a little girl named Bella

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 04:45:03 PM »
I  love Sophie and Lucy for a girl, for a boy I like Romeo!

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 04:58:34 PM »
I like the name Maddison for a girl - shorten to Maddie.

Our short list for boys: Spencer, Morgan, Brook,  Chester, Benson
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Jules

• Site Member
    • http://www.caninedesigns.co.uk
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 05:27:34 PM »
I like Darcy for a girl or boy and also Scout for a girlie  :rolleyes: If I was going for another boys name it would be Chester  :rolleyes:  
Jules & Ollie

Offline Bellbellsmum

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 05:35:08 PM »
:D I like names which make you laugh.  My OH says it would be funny for 5 minutes :(

If I have another dog and its a boy it will be called Dave and if its a girl I'm calling it Dixie or Ethel.

My friends all think I'm mad, but I think its hillarious to go to the park and shout DAVE!  

I also like

Misty
Lula
Looby
Tiggy
for girls and

Jasper
Woof  (from an american web site of dog names as is the one below - again
Fetch     my sense of humour was tickled - ooohh  "Tickles"

Sorry - have you thought of calling him "Sit" think of all the time you would save training.   :D   I'm no use am I?

I like Jasmine and LURVE Einstein (same as dog in Back to the Future)

Laura and Bella (Bellyflops) xxxxxx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 05:48:02 PM »
Our short list for boys: Spencer, Morgan, Brook, Chester, Benson

Seeing as it's you, I will allow the name Brook to remain on your shortlist ;)  :P  You know, I've still never come across another male Brook - think my boy was unique B)  You can imagine the looks I got when I came up with that 12 years ago - if I hadn't dug my heels in, he would have been Sandy :rolleyes:

Anyway, my next one will be a girl, and she will be called Jersey. I thought of that name a good while back and really liked it, and then i watched Coyote Ugly and a character was given the nickname Jersey Girl. That just made my mind up for me - absolutely love it :D  But seeing as Disney hasn't even had his 2nd vaccine yet, I've got a bit of a wait :lol:

I know a couple of Einstein's - one is a mad Golden retriever and one is a mad Springer. I think their owners have a very good sense of humour :lol:  I love the name Jenson B)  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Becky

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 09:59:33 PM »
I love human names for dogs, mine are Daniel and Oliver, shortened to Danny and Ollie.  We did think about Wayne (after Rooney, but befrre Euro2004 :D ) and Brian (from the life of Brian), but we chose Ollie after Jose Maria Olazabal, and Dan is Daniel the Spaniel. :lol:   I like Percy for a future boy, but that's a really long way off.  Jenson and Jasmine are nice, and for a girl I also like Aureilia (Love Actually) :D  
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 10:18:52 PM »
Have to say even though shes our foster baby I love the name Paris, I also like Drew for a dog  and Ella for a girl
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 11:39:20 PM »
I think that the name as to fit your puppy.We had Jasmine from birth as she was one of Molly's pup's and when we said that she was going to say with us we started to look for a name.It took us till she was ten week's old. First she was  Goldee then Fuge, Peanut, Bisto, saffy, the listed went on and on.      
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx

Offline PennyB

Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2004, 12:26:15 AM »
I love human names for dogs, mine are Daniel and Oliver, shortened to Danny and Ollie.  We did think about Wayne (after Rooney, but befrre Euro2004 :D ) and Brian (from the life of Brian), but we chose Ollie after Jose Maria Olazabal, and Dan is Daniel the Spaniel. :lol:   I like Percy for a future boy, but that's a really long way off.  Jenson and Jasmine are nice, and for a girl I also like Aureilia (Love Actually) :D
I do too (and for my cats who are Frankie and Eddie). I'd love to call one Bryan as well  (after Bryan Ferry) but now I have a brother in law with the same name so I won't go there LOL.

I like Stella or Harriet if it was a girl and may be Morris for a boy or Nigel or Harry

I always knew my 1st pup had to be Ruby long before I got her as when I was househunting the lab pup in the house I eventually bought was called Ruby and it just seemed right (Ruby cocker's sister lives 10 min away and she's also called Ruuby but both their mothers were called Richian Storm Gem so it was also obvious they should be Ruby).
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Bellbellsmum

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2004, 12:27:13 AM »
Definitely a name I would have considered if I were to keep a boy, instead we're keeping a little girl named Bella

I may be biased but I would say this was an EXCELLENT choice of name  :D  
Laura and Bella (Bellyflops) xxxxxx

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2004, 09:18:13 AM »
If we had another girl it would be Daisy or Saffron. A boy would be Henry or William.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2004, 02:48:29 PM »
What you mean is when you get another this is what you will call him/her karen. Not if we get another.  
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx