Author Topic: Cocker Spaniel Names  (Read 14898 times)

Offline kelly

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2004, 03:27:53 PM »
iVe just had my first litter and i had named them all myself because they had there own personalitys. some people did change them but the pups were not to know cos they were to young.  but i had

fraggle  who is still called that?
murphy     "    "       "
oscar
'tinker'  after tinkerbell shes mine!
jazz
smudge
jasper
and
dixie :P  :D

Offline Jan29

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 04:51:27 PM »
Penny B, just noticed your cocker was a Richian - my 5 month old Charlie is Richian Jewel in the Sand from Richian  cocker spaniels in Cardiff. Is that where you got Ruby from?  
Janet and Charlie

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 05:58:12 PM »
I love Tilly for a girl and Murphy for a boy (going back to my Irish roots for that one :D )
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline PennyB

Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 08:07:26 PM »
Penny B, just noticed your cocker was a Richian - my 5 month old Charlie is Richian Jewel in the Sand from Richian  cocker spaniels in Cardiff. Is that where you got Ruby from?
Yes they're both Splott (Cardiff) dogs from Richard (Richian cockers). Is Charlie's mum Chloe, if so that's also Ruby's mum (her dad was Tashann Thunderbolt). If Charlies anything like my two (Wilf's also a Richian dog) they're quite bold, confident pups (mind you Wilf was more laid back than Ruby).

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Jan29

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2004, 08:46:30 AM »
Hi Penny.  Can't remember what Charlie's mum was called but her official name is Richian happy go lucky and the father is Roberto at richian. Mum was a solid black and Charlie is a golden. He is very laid back and soft but fairly confident as well.  Since we got him last August he's been no trouble at all - an absolute angel. Mind you that could all change! I know someone else with a Richian and  he's got a lovely nature as well. How old are your two and what colour?
Janet and Charlie

Offline Dog Mad

• Site Member
  • Einstein
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2004, 09:22:12 AM »
Well plenty of ideas for names there then  :D

I like Murphy as well, I think at the moment that Jenson is the favourite in the house, but no doubt we will think of lots more before we actually get it.

Decisions, Decisions!
Debbie, Einstein & Morgan
RIP Bailey 02/11/2009
RIP Tara 10/05/2007

Offline PennyB

Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004, 10:05:17 AM »
Hi Penny.  Can't remember what Charlie's mum was called but her official name is Richian happy go lucky and the father is Roberto at richian. Mum was a solid black and Charlie is a golden. He is very laid back and soft but fairly confident as well.  Since we got him last August he's been no trouble at all - an absolute angel. Mind you that could all change! I know someone else with a Richian and  he's got a lovely nature as well. How old are your two and what colour?
Chloe is a blue roan so it couldn't be her.

Mine are both blue roans. Wilf is now almost 17 months and Ruby's almost 2-1/2 years old now. Ruby's a little madam/demon in disguise (but a softie underneath all that) and Wilf's so laid back he'd fall over sometimes (he slept through his 1st jabs) and the cuddlemonster of the two---both are confident but very different personalities. Even though I also socialized them straight away they just seemed so ready for the big wide world and took everything in their stride and neither were shy.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2004, 10:34:09 AM »
If or should I say when I get another cocker, I will be calling her Willow, to go with Rosie, Daisy, Poppy and Jasmine

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2004, 02:47:46 PM »
hubby says no more dogs after Chloe and Holly go but I've never listened to him before so why start now? :D
If I had another girl it would be Jade and if I picked a boy it would be Bramble :)  
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2004, 03:01:13 PM »
I love calling my animals after the names of other animals (except for Daisy of course - OH doesn't share my enthusiasm for weird names!!)   :D

My faves are:

Badger (so cute for a little boy dog)
Fawn
Squirrel

My Mum also had a pony called Spider which I thought was cute too!   :rolleyes:  
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2004, 04:16:39 PM »
Being mad on films the pets get named after characters, so I have a cat called Maverick and my first cocker is Neo...

We were then supposed to get a girl tricolour and call her Trinity, however, we ended up with another boy and Hubby caved in and let me call him Jovi (after Jon Bon Jovi.. and god could he howl when he was small).

I had Storm, Rogue and Macleod on my short list.

My next cocker (if I'm ever allowed another) would be a black or black & tan, and we'd call him Morpheus... So that'd mean I would need to have a blue roan and tan girl and call her Trinity!!!
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2004, 04:54:31 PM »
I quite like Gill's theme of American place names :D so will probably hijack that idea sorry Gill :ph34r: Abby's show name is Princess Vegas, so also on the list for the next cocker are Phoenix, Dakota, Texas, Minni as in Minnesota, Georgia, Missy as in Mississippi but then all of these depend on my other half and daughter so I will probably end up with names of Footballers or Busted :rolleyes:

Michelle

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2004, 05:47:35 PM »
I know someone who has the following pets;

Rum, Coke, Brandy, Port, Guinness, and Pernod.  :lol:

I have a Scully and an Oscar but previously I had; Sasha, Harley, and Floyd.

If I ever get another cocker (Sorry, I mean WHEN!!  :lol: ), I'd like either a orange roan to be called Yogi or a blue roan to be called Archie.

http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2004, 05:55:39 PM »
If I were allowed another little girl, I would call her Ruby (gorgeous name).  If I were allowed a little boy I would call him Teddy (Edward being his Sunday name :D ).

Someone mentioned the name 'Tickles' earlier - well one of our cats is called Tickles and he is so gorgeous, the other two are called Lillie and William :D

From your choice I really like Einstein - imagine shouting that in the park, it would be excellent :lol:  
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline fawn

• Site Member
Cocker Spaniel Names
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2004, 07:45:28 PM »
I am torn between Amelie and Lucia for my pup when she arrives sometime in early-ish 2005 (when I find her!)  :)