Author Topic: Change of address - went to see the vet today.  (Read 5913 times)

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
Re: Change of address - went to see the vet today.
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2010, 06:07:05 PM »
What a fantastic thread. They are both lucky boys to have such a fantastic new home. Glad the vet thinks the lumps are harmless.

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »
So admire you ...well done..they are very lucky boys  :luv: :luv:
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2010, 06:54:01 PM »
I loooooovee a happy ending  :luv: Lucky boys to have found their lovely forever home - wishing you all many many happy years together  :-*
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Uli

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2010, 08:45:39 PM »
In the beginning when I found this wonderful thread I was so choked with emotion and so often so close to tears. Now every new post puts a smile on my face, thank you so much!
No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich! (Louis Sabin)

Offline Maria

• Site Member
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »
On another note, I know you've all been saying what an amazing thing we've done by offering these two old boys a new home but I've struggled to see it in that way.
How could we not? To us it's a small thing that we are easily able to do, and because we could, we did.
Last night Jarvis explained it to me the only way he knew how...

... it's not an amazing thing to me - it's an amazing thing to him and to Dale and I understand that now.

Boys, you are welcome and it is our priviledge.

Blubbing again  :'( :luv: :luv:

It's often hard for one older dog to find a new home, but it's even harder for two - you have opened your home and hearts to these two sweeties, and in doing so have completely transformed their world  :luv:  I'm sure they will be thanking you in their own way every day  :luv: I know you see it as a 'small' thing to do, but it's really not an everyday occurence in rescue.
So on behalf of these guys , this is for you, your OH ,George and Misty for offering them a fantastic home  :clapping: :clapping:

Good luck with the diet Dale  :luv:

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2010, 07:28:05 AM »
lovely pictures they look so happy  :luv: and i think maria has put it perfectly
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2010, 12:31:55 PM »
So pleased to see these boys rehomed together and looking so happy!  :D :D

Unfortunately there aren't many people that will take on older dogs, especially ones with lumps and bumps, so I think its brilliant that you've welcomed them into your home.  :D

And, yes, the photo of Jarvis having his belly rubbed had me reaching for the tissues.  :luv: :luv:

Good luck with the weight loss Dale, if you'd like some recipes for low fat treats then just let me know!  ;)
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 02:39:48 PM »
Just caught up with this!  Well Done for taking these two sweethearts in, they look so at home, it's truly heartwarming  :luv:

Looking forward to lots of updates and pictures for these two!

What size is your little 'mini cocker'?  My Maddi is teeny tiny too  :lol2:
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2010, 09:44:58 AM »
...oh dear I'm blubbing again as well................it's great seeing how they're getting along and seeing pics of them - the weight will soon drop of Mr El Rotundo  :lol2:  Saffy was 19kg when we adopted her (she hadn't been excercised at all for over 8 months :'()  so lead walks were the order of the day we started with short and frequent ones say ten mins at time and gradually built them up - Saff is nearly 10 years old now and flies around like a puppy - she weighs around 11.5 - lots of good wishes for your new family additions  :luv:

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline SimonandMandy

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2010, 10:56:11 AM »
Just kinda catching up from down under....congratulations and hope thse 2 bring lots of spanial smiles, looks like this will be easily done  :D