Author Topic: You would though, right??!!  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
Re: You would though, right??!!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 03:33:09 PM »
I haven't got a new car and don't suppose I ever will now but if I did then Bonnie Boo would still travel in it. Surely a car is just a convenience to get from point A to point B and yes I do like to keep my car clean but the doglet is the priority :lol:

Totally agree...................doggie comes first.  But, with fleece blankets being so cheap and readily available these days, I just throw them in the back..........and wash them when necessary.
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »
Nina i expect Smartie was a bit put out that you never asked his opinion on which car to buy.  :005:  Perhaps he would have liked a test drive?  :-\ :005:
As long as Smartie is o.k.....the car can always be cleaned.  :blink:  I guess it could be the smell of the new car or someone sneaked him some food at the BBQ.  :-\
My 3 go out in the car everyday, its almost as exciting to them as their walks.  :luv:  My priority when buying a car now is what would the doglets like/suit them.  :005: 

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline sarahbe

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 04:04:25 PM »
I have an 8 1/2 year old picasso and transport 3 kids and 3 dogs so it is filthy! But it has got to last me- it has only got 35000 miles on the clock. I hate cleaninvg it so took the plunge a month ago and had it professionally valeted- it cost 40 quid but the car is like new- worth every penny- how they get those dog hairs out I will never know!

Offline Mittens

• Rock Steady Eddie
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »
Too right!  ;)

I bought a brand new VW convertible Beetle, top of the range, alloy wheels, leather upholstry etc.... I was totally made up. It's only actually done 25,000 miles in five years and it is getting a tad on the grubby side with all the spaniels its taken for weekend runs over the years, but it's still pristine on the outside, and it can be valeted on the inside if needs be! I LOVE putting their harnesses on, taking the roof down and watching their little ears blow in the breeze through the rear view mirror  :005: What's a bit of sand/muck/sick between spaniel and his best friend?  :lol:
Tracey, Eddie and Ruby

Offline Jay06

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 05:00:23 PM »
Aw poor smartie ( and poor you having to clean it!)  ph34r
i have a tigra convertible which is usually quite clean but it's a mess just now! Bailey gets strapped in and today we had the roof down. As someone said I buy black blankets from ikea and put them over the chair if he's dirty. My OH is the total extreme opposite! He has a new BMW and the back seat is covered in blankets. If it's raining bailey has to be carried from the house to the car in case he gets it wet  ph34r my OH is a bit neurotic, he loves his car and cleans it inside once a week and outside sometimes twice a week and he gets the seats shampooed once every 3 months.  :o

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 09:39:59 PM »
Of course!!  :lol2:

My last car purchase was chosen because of the dogs & with them in mind  :angel:  (I do 'try' to keep it relatively clean though  ph34r )
(It's a Honda CR-V & is just perfect for the job  :luv: )

Poor old Smartie though  :'(   hope it was just a one off - travel sickness is not nice  :020:  . 
(my DD had a Megane scenic written off in a RTA & bought a Focus ..... she didn't get on with it as she felt travel sick in it unless she was driving & has now sold it & bought another Megane .......just a thought but maybe Smartie preferred your Megan too  ::) )
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
You can always replace a car,
 but your dog is irreplaceable, we always choose our car for  our girls Holly and Honey :005: their comfort must come first :lol2: it's like our home we have a sticker on the patio door saying

"Our home is for our dogs,
if you don't like it, what are you doing here."

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 07:18:15 AM »
Nina i expect Smartie was a bit put out that you never asked his opinion on which car to buy.  :005:  Perhaps he would have liked a test drive?  :-\ :005:
As long as Smartie is o.k.....the car can always be cleaned.  :blink:  I guess it could be the smell of the new car or someone sneaked him some food at the BBQ.  :-\
My 3 go out in the car everyday, its almost as exciting to them as their walks.  :luv:  My priority when buying a car now is what would the doglets like/suit them.  :005: 

Wasn't so much someone sneaked food to her, as blatantly fed it her right in front of me  :005: It was a particularily burnt sossij too!! :005:
Glad to report theres been no more sick incidents! Now just to figure out if its her wiggling thats setting off the seat blet alarm thingy!! :lol2:

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 09:16:50 AM »
Glad to report theres been no more sick incidents! Now just to figure out if its her wiggling thats setting off the seat blet alarm thingy!! :lol2:

Seat alarms... ah yes.... the JOYS of that.  >:D Probably is to be honest, I know if I get in the car and dump my laptop bag/shopping unceremoniously on the front seat it fully expects it to then "buckle up" and on the odd occassion Maggie does sit in the front it goes nuts because she just won't stay still (why she prefers being in the back,madam likes a full seat to stretch on!).... if you work out how to desensitize it please let me know  :005:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »
Heeeee ben there done that :005:last year we got a brand new vw touran, and as we have 3 dogs we got the you aren't going to have those dogs in your new car.............der no brainer of course. They travel  in the boot behind a dog guard and we did buy a boot liner so most [size=06pt]well some[/size] of the mud from wood and river walks got on that and not the car, anyhoo the Woodster loves having his little brown snout poking through the guard when about a week into having said new car he must have scavinged some delightful morsel and yep you guessed up chucked all down the back of the rear seat :005:

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 07:31:20 AM »
That actually makes me feel a whole lot better hedgehog!!
And MaggieR, I've come up with the cunning plan of fastening the seat belt behind the seat (not tried and tested yet, but watch this space!!) I did try fastening in front of the seat, behind Smartie, but she didn't like it, and looked at me like I'd asked her to share her seat with the devil!! >:D :005:

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 08:53:04 AM »

Seat alarms?
I have to say... while Honey often travels on the front seat, she's always strapped in, so that wouldn't be an issue...
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020