Author Topic: We're being stalked!  (Read 3295 times)

Offline mooching

Re: We're being stalked!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 04:53:09 PM »
to be honest i dont think the warden or police would be interested unless he was threatening as hes not doing anything illegal

They would do if he persisted in bothering her after she'd made it clear that she wanted him to leave her alone.

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 04:59:29 PM »
 >:D what a nut job!

We often see a man with a blue roan show cocker bitch called Bonnie on our walk. He walks with another man with a crossbreed who is always commenting on how lovely Alfie is etc...... the other week we went down to the lake and came across the two men with their dogs. Alfie was following Bonnie and trying sniffing her backend which he doesnt normally do, then the man pipes up that she's in season! So i got Alfie straight onto the lead and the other man said 'Oh don't do that, let him at her- the pups would be lovely' and he was serious >:(. I just said no way and walked off.

Some people just have no common sense >:(. I would report him if i were you- the next person he says that to might not know any better and might be easily led with him making comments about money!
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 05:00:58 PM »
i think this guy definately needs a wide berth, he's clearly deranged and obviously a few sandwiches short of a picnic.....i would avoid at all costs, and if you need to go to that park, ie for convenience perhaps take OH or a friend with you......dont get into a situation with this guy in which you may have to be very forceful when you are on your own......as tough as us girls are mentally sometimes we do struggle to be as strong as a man physically ...... although im pretty daft and wouldve ended up punching him ;)

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »
If it were me, I'd avoid the park for a few days. Take Ollie somewhere else for now and maybe break this cycle of harrassment.

Depending on how much you feel threatened by this man's behaviour, personally I'd be inclined to report it to the police anyway. Whether they decide to take it further at this stage is up to them but at least you have told the them. He may be using this behaviour towards others too - maybe younger and more vunerable people - you might not be the only one having these issues. with him. At the very least you might be doing someone else a favour by informing the police too. Good luck.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »
to be honest i dont think the warden or police would be interested unless he was threatening as hes not doing anything illegal

They would do if he persisted in bothering her after she'd made it clear that she wanted him to leave her alone.
Exactly, she must do that , if you read my whole posting  :D
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline mark1

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 07:11:00 AM »
to be honest i dont think the warden or police would be interested unless he was threatening as hes not doing anything illegal, i would make it clear its never going to happen and that you dont want to talk to him or avoid the area for a bit, if it was me i would just say "oh **** off " but i can be quite a stroppy person if i need to be, its alarming how much attention choc/liver cockers get , a woman in the vets had a black bitch and my OH had my old boy in for his treatment and he happened to mention in passing we had a chocolate pup and she insisted we had her phone number as she wanted us to let bailey mate with her black bitch without ever seeing him  :o :o :o >:D >:D, its never going to happen , but some people just want to make money  >:D
I agree that from what he has said I can't see the police taking action, as he may have annoyed you, but has done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law.  I agree with what others have said and try to avoid that area particularly if you see him again.
We also get an amazing amount of attention with Bailey our choc roan and have had a couple of half jokey comments regarding him mating a bitch locally.

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 08:35:54 AM »
crikey, slightly off topic and the other way round but i went to the park last night and a guy over there with a field spaniel who i normally see over there stopped to speak....his dog was paying ebony quite a bit of attention and i happened to mention that she may be close to season and i was keeping an eye on her.........well, he looked right chuffed and said "oooo nice one, i'll bring jack round and see her and then i can have a puppy instead of a fee".......what is wrong with some people, even if i were to breed ebony ...it wouldnt be with a field spaniel (not that theres anything wrong with them)........ am taking OH to the park with me today, he'll tell him straight i hope

Offline SkyeandOllie

• Ollie and Jess
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
well, spoke to the dog warden, as I dont know the mans name or address, they cant do anything, although the warden will apparently make a few visits to this park, see if the mad springer man is there. 

Im not scared of him, If I go to this park in the next few weeks I'll take my backup (my GSD!) OH aint to happy about it though !

Offline casstevens

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 12:10:46 AM »
I had something not dissimilar to this happen to me when walking my intact golden retriever boy and met with a man with another golden.  He quickly grabbed his girl when I told him my stud fee was £1000 !!!!  Obviously completely over-inflated price but it was enough to scare him off  >:D

Carol Stevens

Offline jessandme

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »
Now that's a really good reaction!  I would never have thought of something like that at the time.  Best thing to put him off, definitely!

Offline SkyeandOllie

• Ollie and Jess
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »
I had something not dissimilar to this happen to me when walking my intact golden retriever boy and met with a man with another golden.  He quickly grabbed his girl when I told him my stud fee was £1000 !!!!  Obviously completely over-inflated price but it was enough to scare him off  >:D

Might try that one if I see him again!  :005:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »
This sort of thing happens all the time and sadly some take people up on them - I managed to talk someone out of it and persuaded her to get her bitch spayed - that way she wouldn't be tempted.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
I have had a couple of propositions for Tali. One person said I could take Tali there to play with the bitch and it was one morning so I was a bit sleepy and said 'oh ok that'll be nice'. This person had been told by someone else there was someone with a blue roan boy about. Second time we met the bitch was there and Tali played with her. I proceeded to tell of Tali's eye issue and the person said they would come and knock and we could go on walks.

I've never seen the person again, I just got the feeling from all the questions they expected mating but the eye thing put them off. I also said he had endorcements so couldn't be bred from.

I think because of the financial climate people think it's easy money, unfortunately they are just perpetuating further inbreeding and breed issues.

Very different thing but yesterday two stupid teens were walking very close behind Tali and I with a staffie puppy. I could here them giggling and saying 'no don't, let's just scare the dog'. Luckily I just stopped, looked at the dog and said, 'how old'. They told me 6 months. The girl holding it bearly could control it, so I said she ought to go first as my dog 'suffers with rage' :005:

She looked startled but they wouldn't move on very fast and kept getting in our way. It was obvious this was a trophy status dog, another thing I find appauling.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 01:37:28 PM »
Small consolation i know, but thank goodness he bothered you, someone who has common sense and clued up.  I dread to think what would happen if he'd had said the same to some numpties i meet, they'd be "ooh fantastic, yeah lets have some puppies".

I'm grateful Fred and Minnie have both been 'done' as i get asked frequently and it saves me from a load of talk.  I usually direct them to COL -as "its great for information about breeding" .... yep like trying to put inexperienced in it for the cute puppies/money people off!