Author Topic: can you recommend dog walks near Maidstone, Kent?  (Read 13140 times)

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
Re: can you recommend dog walks near Maidstone, Kent?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 09:52:39 PM »
Oare marshes.  (not sure whether these are referred to as Sittingbourne marshes)?  Otherwise Mote Park in Maidstone is great.  On way to Jeskyns is Ranscombe Farm - fantastic for long walks off lead.

We live near Chatham Kent and often go to Jeskyns as we're virtually on the M2, so quick to get to but will look into Ranscombe Farm as not heard of that one. Not sure the best place to access it as it gives various routes to access the walks. Is there a car park at a particular site?

It's not far from the entrance to the Strood tip.....there is a very small car park for about 10 cars max....be aware that sometimes the moocows are out on the hills......and you have to walk through them sometimes......I made my hubby take a detour through the streets and we got lost for a bit :005: :005: :005:

I know it. Thanks for the warning about the cows   :005:

;) ;) 

Offline clairebsc

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 11:52:45 PM »
hi

i live in sittingbourne to.  Have been to queens down warren  hartlip which is nice

claire

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 07:01:27 PM »
There is another parking spot on the way to Jeskyns (just before Cobham roundabout).  Lane on the left - drive down that towards the Mausoleum.  If you walk past the mausoleum and through the woods, you can do a good circular walk, avoiding the cows in the field on the hill!
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline peggysmum

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »

It's not far from the entrance to the Strood tip.....there is a very small car park for about 10 cars max....be aware that sometimes the moocows are out on the hills......and you have to walk through them sometimes......I made my hubby take a detour through the streets and we got lost for a bit :005: :005: :005:
[/quote]
oh yes i once had a very traumatic walk through that field, i had peg and bud on leads and me trying not to fall over with all the mud and cow pats whilst being glared at by a herd of cows. i was cacking myself frankly  :o and i swore i would never go to ranscombe farm again and i havent.

Offline clairebsc

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »
hi i walk in king georges park sittingbourne with jasper my  cocker maybe we could meet up

claire