Author Topic: yes finally recieved KC reg ! *UPDATED NEWS*  (Read 4219 times)

Offline poppy1407

yes finally recieved KC reg ! *UPDATED NEWS*
« on: June 22, 2011, 06:07:34 PM »
I bought Finlay making it clear I was to show him, breeder advised he had so much show potential. When we collected him at 8 weeks breeder said kc reg were not back and should be a few more days. well we have since met the breeder at a local show and spoke on the phone twice to be told we should recive it soon. Finlay will be 16 weeks on Friday and still no sign of Kc papers. I have been told by another breeder that the hold up has been the fact the dam's kc was endorsed and my breeder has been trying to get it lifted...breeder has not told us this in person however..what if the restriction is not lifted where do I stand? I love Finlay to bits he is fab however I will feel really cheated paying for a kc reg pup that I wanted to show to be forced into not having the oppurtunity to show him afterall.

I feel really gutted about it.........

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: still not recieved KC reg yet! where do I stand?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:22:24 PM »
Sounds very frustrating.   >:(

Have you spoken to the KC about it to check what the actual facts are?
Julie and Watson

Offline JulieM

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 06:24:46 PM »
If you have the dam/ sires names you can search them on the KC website?

Offline poppy1407

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »
No I havent I never thought to call them- I will give them a call in the morning and let you know what they say... thanks

Offline poppy1407

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »

Yes I do have their names but will that tell me if the dam is endorsed or not?  :huh:

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
If mums KC REG is endorsed and mums breeder is unwilling to lift it then unfortunately Finlay will not be able to be KC registered, but it sounds like there is just a hold up with paper work ;) Finlays breeder should really have made it clear that this was the case so you would be fully informed. I would contact Finlays breeder again and ask what the hold up is and what you have heard. The endorsement should have been lifted before a litter was produced though.
Hope it all works out ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »
I truely hope this is infact just a paperwork delay... :huh:

If not I would get in contact with citizens advice as this pup has been sold as KC registered and maybe wont be...

Def ring kennel club in the morning as you say you will...I feel very sorry for you if you have been mis-sold this pup--doesnt change him but the fact that you said you wanted to show...makes me feel so sad for you...
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline grracee

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 06:38:23 PM »
I had a similar problem when I had Charlie but it took a while for my breeder to get all his papers sorted as she joint owns Charlie's dad with her sister so had to wait for her sister to sign all the forms & send them in.
Hope you get it all sorted out soon  :blink:

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 06:38:33 PM »
My Gemma's paperwork took ages, so try not to worry. (Owner had to transfer bitch to their name to register the litter, then some names were rejected)
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline poppy1407

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »

Yes I do have their names but will that tell me if the dam is endorsed or not?  :huh:

I have just typed in the name of my pup which was given to me by the breeder and is on his pedigree certificate and the kc site says that this name does not conflict with a registered name so the name is still basically available!!  :'(

Offline poppy1407

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 06:48:33 PM »
when we seen the breeder at the show Finlay was 11 weeks at this point the breeder said the hold up was an outstanding payment with the kennel club but was paid immediately and said should recieve it within 2 weeks......another breeder who know's Finlays breeder well said the hold up was the restriction on dams kc and breeder of dam had fallen out with Finlays breeder and was refusing to lift endorsement.....its such a mess and my breeder wont give any straight answers...... :'(

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 06:53:59 PM »
I really feel for you especially as you were looking for a show pup. I would definitely phone the KC in the morning and then based on the information they give you I would then contact the breeder again and tell her your concerns etc. Is it also possible for you to contact the Dam's breeder and perhaps ask them about any endorsements etc? IMO if the breeder of your pup and the dam's breeder have fallen out then it would be unlikely that the endorsement would be lifted  :'( you're pups breeder really should not have bred the Dam with endorsements on her KC.
I hope you manage to get somewhere with this

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »

I have just typed in the name of my pup which was given to me by the breeder and is on his pedigree certificate and the kc site says that this name does not conflict with a registered name so the name is still basically available!!  :'(
[/quote]
when we seen the breeder at the show Finlay was 11 weeks at this point the breeder said the hold up was an outstanding payment with the kennel club but was paid immediately and said should recieve it within 2 weeks......another breeder who know's Finlays breeder well said the hold up was the restriction on dams kc and breeder of dam had fallen out with Finlays breeder and was refusing to lift endorsement.....its such a mess and my breeder wont give any straight answers...... :'(
I think you need to contact the breeder ASAP and get this sorted, as much as you love Finlay she has missold him as being KC registered when its unfortunately looking more likely that he is not :-\ I really hope that this gets cleared up with a positive outcome for you ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 06:59:03 PM »
I thought the endorsements had to be lifted BEFORE mating, or the resulting litter couldn't be KC registered??

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 07:08:14 PM »
I thought the endorsement had to be lifted before the dam's owner could breed from her too.  :huh:
This might be why the breeder & dam's breeder have fallen out.  :-\  I hate to say this but the endorsements are placed for good reasons & if your breeder has just gone ahead & had a litter without contacting the dam's breeder then i guess they would be quite upset about it.  :-\
I hope for your sake they can resolve this.  :shades:
Personally i would contact the breeder again & again until i got answers.  ;)

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie