Author Topic: Fox p## smell  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Yomper

Fox p## smell
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:49:10 PM »
Our dog Oscar rolled in some fox p## yesterday. He is having his 1st shampoo and set and anything that needs to be clipped on friday so were not bathing him before then. My question is am i the only one that seems to like the smell. when he gives me a cuddle i can't help myself but to have a sniff!

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Fox p## smell
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
 :020: :020: You have got to be kidding. It's vile. :o
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:11:51 PM »
No way! Fox poo is the worst!  :o (apart from when they've rolled in rotten fish  :020:)

IMO yes, you are the only person in the world who likes that smell!  ;) :lol2:
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »
Actually I might had a couple of cockers I can let you have to sniff - they pong at the moment, you can send them back to me when the smell wears off  :005:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 09:31:53 PM »
I find it an undescribable smell.  Luckily the only experience I have had of it was when next door's cocker, who I walk, rolled in it, so I could just hand her back along with the smell!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »
Blurgh!! think you are probably right.....you are the only person who likes the whiff of fox poo  :005:  :005:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Yomper

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 10:16:17 PM »
I thought i was the only one as no one here likes it either. oh well i can always take Oscar back to the same place after fridays shampoo :)

Offline black taz

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 10:24:50 PM »
you can borrow Taz anytime you choose - he always has a faint whiff of foxpoo!  I think i am actually getting used to it now! although i think "like" is too strong a word :005:

Offline Yomper

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 08:04:13 AM »
oh don't think i could borrow taz well i could but giving him back may be a problem once i get a dog cuddle from them!

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 10:28:12 AM »
I thought this was going to be a post about how to get rid of the smell!  In my experience a bath with shampoo doesn't get rid of the smell so you might be er....lucky?!  :005:

I do find it has a strange sweet smell but that's not saying I like it, it's just nasty and sickly  :020: :020:

Paisley rolled in what smelled like cow poo yesterday......I'd invite you round for a sniff but she went straight in the bath!  :005:
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline wendyt

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »
Very strange!! the last time Murph rolled in fox poo it was absolutely vile, it was a warm day and I had to put him in the back of the car and gagged all the way home >:( Saying that he smelt a lot worse after he rolled in a decomposed deer a while back, but he surpassed himself by rolling on a dead seal followed by some rotten fish 2 weeks later!!  >:D

Offline sebanelli

• Our gorgeous Harry
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 10:45:57 AM »
Oh, believe me, there IS a worse smell than fox poo once your dog has rolled in it! How about HUMAN poo after a bunch of gypsies has illegally camped on our regular park?!!! It still turns my stomach to recall that particular incident - Harry couldn't be let back into the car with our other four so my other half had to walk him home. We then had to hose him down in the street and then bath him wearing rubber gloves etc. Truly, truly nauseating. :020: :020: :020:
The Fantastic Four: Oliver, Amber, Dylan, and Harry

Offline wendyt

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »
sebanelli
I know what you mean I met a friend out with her beagle last week down at the beach, she was on her way back to the car with her and was looking a bit as we say it around here "green around the gills". Turned out that the dog had been in the dunes and rolled in human poo the smell was absolutely gross. Needless to say we didn't chat for very long. :-\ Poor souls they had to take her home in the car.

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 10:55:51 AM »
 :020:

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »
Alfie is a "roller".  He once rolled in fox poo four times in a fortnight, unfortunately this resulted in four showers in a fortnight too.  It is absolutely vile.  :020: :020: