Author Topic: So many cockers  (Read 876 times)

Offline Merlinpoppy

So many cockers
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »
Today we were at a jubilee tea party at our local country park and i could easily have stolen god knows how many dogs.  There were so many cockers there and they were all beautiful and very well behaved.  I did stop and speak to a few of the owners and they were really nice and were telling me about their dog. 
There were 2 that stood out, 1 was a 7 month old blue roan and was so gorgeous and so well behaved considering everything that was going on around him and he sat still got a good hour while his owners ate and enjoyed the party.
Then there was an 11 month old black and white and she was just adorable too.

I do have a small question though which might sound a bit stupid since my brother has a cocker and i have been researching them for ages.  What age do they look adult size?  Both these dogs looked like puppies.  The blue roan was with a 10 year old cocker too and he was more the size i would think an adult would be.  I would also say they were show cockers if that makes a difference.

Either way i could have quite happily taken them home with me.  I still have so long to wait till i get mine

Offline LinziS

• Erin
Re: So many cockers
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:51:49 PM »
Tilly is 8 months old and is only slightly smaller in height than Erin who is nearly 7yrs..not much in it. She is a lot slimmer and has still to fill out a bit...dont think she will grow much more now.

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 09:32:01 PM »
We've just come back from a camping holiday, we couldn't take Millie with us due to her problems. We must have seen a million cocker spaniels  :o :o. I felt really miserable watching these well behaved dogs out enjoying their holidays, made me sad that I haven't been able to get Millie to that stage  :'(. We saw one lovely black dog being tied up outside the campsite shop by it's young owner, it was so quiet and polite  :luv: :luv:. Then we saw that was because the boy was so harsh and rough with it he was too frightened to move or react >:( :'( :'( :'(. Luckily the OH stopped me from going out and swinging the boy round by his neck  ph34r.

Millie

Offline theshrew

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »
Cockers vary a bit in size anyway tbh but when they are about 11 months old they wont grow a great deal more.

For eg i have Missy who will be 4 anytime now ( rubbish with dates lol ) and Candy is 7 months and is now just taller than Missy.

They dont grow very big and in the main are really friendly loving dogs. Just the right size to curl up on your knee and keep you warm in winter  :luv:

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 10:29:43 AM »
I was told that at roughly 8 or 9 months old they are fully grown in height, but obviously they fill out width wise if you know what I mean with natural muscle growth etc.  Alfie is 2 and has filled out loads in the last 6 months.  Up to well after he was a year old people thought he was a puppy.  When he is clipped people assume he is very young. I wouldn't say he grew any taller after 8 months.  He is quite small for a boy though  :luv:

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »
Our Ellie :luv: did grow a little in
height after she came to us at
13 mnths, not much, but noticable
because she spends so much time
with Keira who is 5, she initially was
just a shave taller than Keira but now
she is quite a bit taller , maybe about
4cm;I did wonder if that was because