Author Topic: Rosie, was Salt update  (Read 4400 times)

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
Re: Rosie, was Salt update
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2012, 10:00:48 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has posted their support on here and in PM's.

I am sure we will eventually find the right little babe to complete our family.

I can only hope Rosie/Salt finds the home she truly deserves. I know that Karen is providing a super foster home for her until the right owner comes along.

It is such a shame we are even having this post, if these unscrupulous breeders did not mistreat their dogs in the way they do, we would not have to rescue them.

Sadly, until we can get rid of puppy farms there will always be "salt/Rosie" dogs looking for new homes and fortunately with great forums like this they will all find great homes.

At this point I feel I just need to praise the valiant work the various rescues do in rescuing and rehoming these absolutely gorgeous dogs.

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »
gutted for you....... i hope salt finds a loving home soon......i would love to have her too but my three excitable cocker girls would probably terrorise her, and like you said MT want the most perfect home for her.

I have no doubt john that your house will be perfect for another cocker rescue, sadly its not salt..... :'(

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2012, 10:39:19 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has posted their support on here and in PM's.

I am sure we will eventually find the right little babe to complete our family.

I can only hope Rosie/Salt finds the home she truly deserves. I know that Karen is providing a super foster home for her until the right owner comes along.

It is such a shame we are even having this post, if these unscrupulous breeders did not mistreat their dogs in the way they do, we would not have to rescue them.

Sadly, until we can get rid of puppy farms there will always be "salt/Rosie" dogs looking for new homes and fortunately with great forums like this they will all find great homes.

At this point I feel I just need to praise the valiant work the various rescues do in rescuing and rehoming these absolutely gorgeous dogs.

I'll second that John  :clapping: :clapping:
& i am truly sorry it hasn't worked out for you this time  :'( :bigarmhug:
Lets all hope Rosie/Salt finds a lovely home very, very soon  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2012, 10:41:34 PM »
I'm so sorry John  :bigarmhug:. Fingers crossed for a forever home for Rosie/Salt soon, bless her.

Offline SusieY

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2012, 10:51:37 PM »
I'm so sorry John  :bigarmhug:. Fingers crossed for a forever home for Rosie/Salt soon, bless her.

Same here xx

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2012, 11:19:21 PM »
 :bigarmhug: As you say, there are far too many more "Salts" out there :'( A very sad little girl is waiting for you somewhere, not realising yet that her life will have a wonderful, loving future with you and Pauline.

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2012, 11:27:51 PM »
I'm heartbroken for you and for Rosie. Whilst I'm sue that MT do a great job in looking after the animals who come into their care, I find it quite distressing to hear that someone on this forum has played a part in denying Rosie a home with you.

I really hope that you find another cocker to care for really soon x
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2012, 06:09:39 AM »
Oh no! So sad to hear that John  :bigarmhug: to you and Rosie  :'(

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2012, 08:43:34 AM »
I'm heartbroken for you and for Rosie. Whilst I'm sue that MT do a great job in looking after the animals who come into their care, I find it quite distressing to hear that someone on this forum has played a part in denying Rosie a home with you.

I really hope that you find another cocker to care for really soon x
And me  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2012, 08:54:09 AM »
Hey John
sorry to read that this time
things haven't worked out,
as you so rightly point out
while ever there are puppy
farms these wee dogs will
be in need and I think that is
worth focussing on.
We send you and yours all the
best  :blink:
lots of love
steff,jus and Elliexxx

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2012, 09:01:59 AM »
SOOOOOO sorry that Rosie hasn't got her forever home with you. Hopefully, she will soon find the home she deserves and that somewhere there is another Spaniel who is just right for you and who will complete your family. :bigarmhug:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2012, 09:25:39 AM »

I'm v sorry that things have not worked out too but don't think it's really fair to blame anyone for "denying" Salt/Rosie a home with John. I don't know who contacted MT from this forum (it may also have been non members since public threads can be viewed by anyone) but that's not the important issue here. I'm sure the decision that has been made was made in the interests of Salt/Rosie - any rescue has to put the interests of their dogs first and make difficult decisions which won't please everybody and which some will disagree with. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with a particular home - just that it wasn't a perfect match for that particular dog at a particular time. Disappointing for the would-be adopter (John in this case) but there are many other lovely rescue dogs looking for a home so I'm sure the right dog for John is out there somewhere :blink:

I'll close this thread now.
Jane