Author Topic: Having some Ben time - Harry went out hurrah!  (Read 622 times)

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
Having some Ben time - Harry went out hurrah!
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:47:34 PM »
Now I love Harry a lot, I completely adore him, but I didn't appreciate just how full on he is until he went out for a few hours today with OH and it was lovely   :D

Ben's back has been a bit stiff so he is on flat walks for a couple of days so OH volunteered to take Harry out to the moors for a few hours and run his legs off!!  For the first time in the 3 years since he arrived I was in the house with just Ben.  It was so quiet, and so tranquil, I could leave the bedroom doors open without fear of Harry trampolining on the beds.  I could open the fridge door without being shoved out the way by a wriggling black furball who tries to grab and run with whatever he can reach. 
I even went to the loo - on my own  ph34r
Plus there was the bonus that I didn't have to wrestle the toilet roll away from Harry first.
It was so quiet, no moaning, whinging or woofing.

But the best bit was that I got to sit down and cuddle Ben without Harry trying to muscle in on the act. Ben just sighed with pleasure and settled down for a huge cuddle. It was fantastic  :luv: :luv:

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
Re: Having some Ben time - Harry went out hurrah!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »
Awwww  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 09:51:11 PM »
 :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: sounds like heaven. Haven't had Ellie long but the thing I miss the most is an uninterrupted cocker cuddle. We get away with it sometimes if we are stealthy  :005: ph34r but more often than not a labrador launches itself into my face and onto both the cocker and me! Don't get me wrong, if I cuddle Ellie, Freya too will make sure she's more on my lap than Ellie  :doh: :doh: :doh:

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
Harry sounds a real lovable livewire but sometimes it is nice just to be calm and enjoy a quiet time on a one to one basis. I bet Ben loved the experience as much as it sounds like you did!  :lol2:
To know them is to love them.....

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 10:02:05 PM »
Oh bless Ben, sighing with pleasure.

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »
Awwww with 3 young full on cockers here.... At least once a week I take them upstairs in turn just for 20 minutes each and have a cuddle with them... No telly, no kids, no noise just me and 1 cocker.... Bliss!!!!.... I know the sound of that sigh of pleasure so well... :luv:

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 10:13:01 PM »
Awwww with 3 young full on cockers here.... At least once a week I take them upstairs in turn just for 20 minutes each and have a cuddle with them... No telly, no kids, no noise just me and 1 cocker.... Bliss!!!!.... I know the sound of that sigh of pleasure so well... :luv:

awww thats lovely  :luv: Freya does the sigh too, its adorable

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 11:11:36 PM »
I know exactly how you feel Ben's mum :D. I have William all to myself for an hour or two every few days when my friend Maria takes Louis to her house for some playtime with her teenage daughters and Ruby the Retriever. It's absolute bliss for me and William to be rid of the little g*t for a short while :005:

Don't get me wrong, I love him, but he's hard work, and William and I really enjoy a bit of downtime without him. We can play games or do a bit of fun training without Louis getting jealous and huffy or we can just relax on the sofa or even have a snooze on the bed in perfect peace :luv:

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 10:28:56 AM »
It's absolute bliss for me and William to be rid of the little g*t for a short while :005:

Made me laugh - a lot  :005:  Thats exactly how it felt.
My little darling came home and promptly wee'd on the bed (an issue I suspect from past experiences before he came to us).  The only positive is that at least I noticed it 'before' we got in  ph34r 

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »
It's absolute bliss for me and William to be rid of the little g*t for a short while :005:

Made me laugh - a lot  :005:  Thats exactly how it felt.
My little darling came home and promptly wee'd on the bed (an issue I suspect from past experiences before he came to us).  The only positive is that at least I noticed it 'before' we got in  ph34r 

I'm sure our 2 sets of dogs are kindred spirits :005:. Louis cocked his leg on the bed once, luckily only a sprinkle, and just as luckily I saw it before it had really soaked in to the clean duvet cover and brand new duvet >:(