Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Christmas
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 07:42:45 AM »
I'm thinking of wrapping up all their old toys in newspaper for them to rediscover.

Good idea!!! All the fun of opening things that you know they will enjoy!!  :005:

This is what I do  ;)  I never buy anything special (mean mum) but I wrap up a few treats and some of Coco's toys for her to unwrap so she has a few parcels of her own - she just loves unwrapping them and gets sooo excited - it is hilarious to watch her  :005:  When she has finished opening hers, she will start trying to open mine  >:( :lol2:
Julie and Watson

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »
I've got Charlie a giant reindeer (I've had it since about July  ph34r) he's got a couple of pets at home Christmas Santa's, gravy bones, some of their pick and mix biscuits...then my mam has him stuff for her house...

I'm not wrapping them either. I did last year, but he didn't get it, so for his birthday I left them unwrapped and he got it
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »
Every year I've bought Bella a cheap squeaky toy, they don't last long, she loves unwrapping them, then pounces on them before playing briefly and destroying them. Molly gets one too, will see what she's like.
I usually make some biscuits and wrap them too.

Offline Jenz

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 09:45:50 AM »
Jenson is getting a gravy bone and a new little squeaky toy to unwrap.  But most importantly I'm trying to find him some doggy sized reindeer ears so he can be Rudolph for family photos  :005:

Mean mummy.   :lol2:

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »
Jenson is getting a gravy bone and a new little squeaky toy to unwrap.  But most importantly I'm trying to find him some doggy sized reindeer ears so he can be Rudolph for family photos  :005:

Mean mummy.   :lol2:

ph34r pets at home have them  ph34r  :005:
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline beanbag

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »
Its going to be our first Christmas with Bonnie and im gonig to get a few things. Ive already got her a new collar for when shes a big girl from Brown Bee, but im thinking a couple of new toys, and hopefully her Chow Bella bowls will have arrived too :D

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 05:11:18 PM »
I already have a Christmas collar for Ozzy from BB, and he'll get a couple of new squeaky toys and some treats to unwrap.  He might have to wear the collar before Christmas though, to get some wear out of it, and to get into the festive spirit.  Then, after 12th night, I'll take it off him, wash it and save it for next Christmas!  It's loads big enough so I expect he'll wear it every year until I get fed up with it and get him a new one! Cheapskate Mummy  :005:

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie

x In memory of Barney x

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
Pippa and Barney will have some chews and treats wrapped up plus a new toy each.  Barney's getting an equafleece too and Pippa a new collar and lead so she can stop having to use Barney's cast off blue set.  We're also booking them in for swimming lessons in the new year.  Thought it would be good to have something different to do over winter when we don't do as many long evening walks.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »
Not really sure yet - but it has been great reading all these good ideas.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »
Well I've got some new slipper socks this year and I am seriously thinking of wrapping my old ones up for Alfie as he is obsessed with them.  He is the main reason I have had to have some new ones  >:D  They are full of holes and virtually no bottoms to them because at every opportunity he has a chew on them, rolling roundon his back with them between his paws, (with me trying to look cross not laughing).  He even pulls them off my feet, something I admit to just lately allowing him to do in the knowledge that I am getting some new ones.  So my plan is to wrap them up for him so that he can have them all to himself  :005:

A bit worried about my bright pink new ones though I will have to keep them out of his way, the little monkey  :luv: :005: