Author Topic: Just a quick update from Honey!  (Read 855 times)

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Just a quick update from Honey!
« on: December 05, 2012, 05:27:52 PM »

I'm aware I've not been about much (2 children under 2 will do that to you!).
But wanted to post to assure everyone that Honey is still doing really well.  She amazes me at how well she's adapted to 2 children.  She did struggle when Isobel first started crawling, but is so much more relaxed around Amelia.  Since having 2 children, I must admit her training/walking has suffered a little - we haven't been able to do our training classes, and there have been occassional days when a full hr's walk has been out of the question.  But now that Amelia is older, we should be able to start up some fun training again, which she (and I) will enjoy!

For a dog who really didn't like children, she has done brilliantly - though they are all, obviously, still well supervised.  :D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
Re: Just a quick update from Honey!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »
That's great.Honey is a smart dog :luv: :luv: You must be proud.
I was surprised with Elmo this summer. He too doesn't really like children, but he was so good with my sister's  2 and a half year old boy when they visited. I was really proud of him :luv:
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:29:15 PM »
Nice to hear from you Claire :D and that Honey is doing so well with the children. I know you work really hard with Honey, so credit where credit's due  :clapping: :clapping:

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »
Thats really lovely to hear Honey & you are doing so well  :shades: :luv: & of course Amelia & Isobel  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »
Really glad to read things are going well. Bet you will be busier than ever for the next month or more, as will most peeps with children &/or dogs.  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 07:26:52 PM »
  :luv: such a lovely post. Glad all has been going well with Honey since that new arrival  :luv:

I can imagine how busy life must be. Hoping you get more and more 'me' time to pop back on the forum from time to time too though. I always enjoy your posts. They offer such good advice and are so balanced and well thought through, always.

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 11:44:51 PM »
no assurance needed Claire ....  never thought otherwise   ;) :luv:

Having two little ones, a dog & running a home...something has to give & suspected it was tme on the forum  :016:

So good to hear Honeys coping with the babies since their arrival & even better than you thought she might too - testament to the hard work you've put in, to ensuring happiness all round for you '3' girls   :luv: :bigarmhug:

Miss you being around on the forum but understand where your time is being spent ...you enjoy it too - the girl will grow so quickly you'll not want to miss a moment  :shades: :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »
So pleased your girls are all managing to live together in relative harmony.  I know this is largely down to the hard work you have put in with Honey so well done you :clapping:

It is lovely for kids to grow up with animals so I know it will all have been worthwhile inspite of all the hard work  ;)

Sounds like Honey is feeling quite secure in her new family and adapting really well to all the changes - what a good girl.   :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 08:37:05 AM »
Well done Honey and Claire  :luv: thank you for the update.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010