Author Topic: its that time of year....  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
Re: its that time of year....
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 04:23:53 PM »
Last year, puppy Charlie was around when we put it up - he did help with the tinsel, otherwise he was as good as gold, he wasn't bothered by the tree at all. I'm hoping teenager Charlie will be the same this year.

With a face like that, how could he be anything else :shades: :005:

Mel.

Offline YvonneC22

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 04:44:29 PM »
Roxy was 7 months old last Christmas and we were worried about our tree, so I brought a set of bells to hang on the lower branches and alert us of any attempts to trash redocorate the tree!
I'm pleased to say she didn't really take any notice of it once it was up and decorated.
That is a fab idea!
I will be purchasing a set of bells  ;)

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »
We are going to have a small tree in a pot to stand on a table this year, and probably for several years to come - I just KNOW that Ozzy would totally destroy a floor standing one in a nanosecond!!!!

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 06:49:43 PM »

Well our tree is up, and Molly isn't remotely bothered! We've had to bag the presents up under the tree though, to prevent her from stealing them like last year  :005:
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 09:06:13 PM »
My first two cokers never paid any attention to my tree. Last year was Archies first Christmas. He was just under 5 months old. The tree lasted just under 5 minutes! For those who missed it last year, here he is with it.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l614/goldenharp1/65329288.mp4

No tree for me this year.  :'(  :shades:

Offline Lovemycocker

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:56 PM »
Roxy was 7 months old last Christmas and we were worried about our tree, so I brought a set of bells to hang on the lower branches and alert us of any attempts to trash redocorate the tree!
I'm pleased to say she didn't really take any notice of it once it was up and decorated.

Brilliant idea. Will definitely get some bells. This is why i love COL

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 09:02:22 AM »
Last year B was ok in the main, but he was so tiny he could barely reach anything anyway  :luv:

I put a little artificial tree up as a trial run on Saturday. Popped out to the supermarket and returned to find tree horizontal on the floor  :-\

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »
My first two cokers never paid any attention to my tree. Last year was Archies first Christmas. He was just under 5 months old. The tree lasted just under 5 minutes! For those who missed it last year, here he is with it.

No tree for me this year.  :'(  :shades:

That look he gives is adorable.  Roly does it too when he is perhaps doing something that he shouldn't.

Think the caption should be "I really don't see what the problem is"  :lol2:

In my house its the cat that you have to watch with a real tree - likes to climb it!!
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »

Yes, i'm sure that this would be Ozzy!  I'm taking no chances!!!  :005:

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline YvonneC22

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »
That video made me giggle, The innocence on his face  :005:

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 07:27:58 PM »

I know I really shouldn't but  :005:  :005:  :005:

The thing is when you see him he looks so appealing that it almost feels as if it's totally acceptable for him to be gnawing away at the tree  :lol:

You must have the patience of Job!

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »
Last year I had three dogs and a toddler who'd not long started walking - I thought it was a recipe for disaster but not one of them touched it! This year it'll be four dogs and a very busy glitter obsessed 2yr old tot - will give feedback at a later date  :005:  :005:

Offline YvonneC22

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »
Last year I had three dogs and a toddler who'd not long started walking - I thought it was a recipe for disaster but not one of them touched it! This year it'll be four dogs and a very busy glitter obsessed 2yr old tot - will give feedback at a later date  :005:  :005:

wow you're brave!!! :005: I wouldn't bother putting one up  :005:

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 05:33:34 PM »
Our tree is usually placed on top of a table in the corner of the living room. Last year Milly decided that she would curl up under the table and guard the presents but otherwise wasn't bothered in the slightest.
This year we have Chaz as well and I've got a feeling that things could be......Different. :shades:  He's already exhibited his low flying skills when circling the room at high speed, usually with Milly a few centimetres behind him. :005:
Given that the table and tree would be right in his usual flight path I might have to secure the tree in some way, embedding in concrete comes to mind  ;), to stop it being knocked over.