Author Topic: Are eggs ok for Cocker Puppies?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline woof woof

• Otto!
Are eggs ok for Cocker Puppies?
« on: February 10, 2013, 07:16:02 PM »
Gave Otto 1 boiled egg yesterday. He's done the toilet twice since then, but nothing for ages! Any other advice on what to feed him? Giving him Royal Canin 3 times a day, but maybe looking to add something now he is just over 3 months old. Not actually sure if I do actually need to add anything as he wolfs down his food at the moment and seems to love it  :lol2:

Thank you!

Otto;

Hail hail wee Otto!!

Offline tootz12

Re: Are eggs ok for Cocker Puppies?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 07:26:54 PM »
tootsie used to and still does, love scrambled egg with goats milk, although its only occasionally I do it for her, so I don't think eggs harm them, she stole a hard boiled egg and a carrot from the kitchen the other day  :005:  I had someone on the phone and the postman at the door and she took advantage of the situation  :luv:

Offline woof woof

• Otto!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 07:36:03 PM »
tootsie used to and still does, love scrambled egg with goats milk, although its only occasionally I do it for her, so I don't think eggs harm them, she stole a hard boiled egg and a carrot from the kitchen the other day  :005:  I had someone on the phone and the postman at the door and she took advantage of the situation  :luv:

Magic! Was a bit worried. Didn't know if dairy products were ok or not.
Hail hail wee Otto!!

Offline tootz12

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »
I know they don't advise cows milk,  but I had heard that goats milk was ok and she was fine with it, she loved it with readybrek too  :005:

Am sure the experienced cocker owners will come and advise you properly, I am just commenting on my 8 month old girl :luv: and first cocker.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:45:33 PM »
Both my dogs love scrambled eggs.  I just scramble an egg with nothing added and microwave it for them.  As a puppy Barney was fed scrambled egg for lunch (part of the "menu" his breeder recommended).  I don't think you need to add anything to the dry food to provide enough nutrition, but egg shouldn't cause any harm and is a nice treat if Otto enjoys it.

I also feed Barney and Pippa raw eggs occasionally as they're on a raw diet but I know some people prefer not to do this.

Offline williamsmum

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 08:29:42 PM »
I also give my dogs a boiled egg, usually every couple of days. They share it between them and William always gets excited when he sees me getting the egg out to boil. They absolutely love eggs, which is good as I've plenty of chickens!  :005:

Offline beanbag

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »
Bonnie has an egg with dinner everynight, she loves it. Nice a scrambled :D

sarahR

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 09:08:05 PM »
Eggs give George a windy bottom  :lol2:

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
Not-a- puppy Ellie enjoys
a raw egg ,shell and all!
She says"yum"  :005:
steffxxx

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »
I occasionally give Ozzy scrambled egg, or a raw egg, mixed with a little water, if he has a tummy upset and I've got no chicken or rice handy.  He loves it, and it seems to settle his tummy.  Until I knew about chicken and rice (pre-cocker and CoL days!)  I always used to give our bridge GR raw egg if she had a tummy upset.

Offline jessika

• Ozzie
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 04:51:49 PM »
I never knew they could have eggs, may try Ozzie with them...the only worry I have is his windy bum :005:

Follow Ozzie at  instagram.com/ozzie_cockerdile

Offline black taz

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 05:37:37 PM »
my lab would kill for a raw egg. If i am whisking one in a glass jug she will lick the underside of it trying to get to the egg.

both my dogs have a raw egg every week (well actually Taz had one yolk and Kira has one yolk and two whites - the whites are far too complicated for Taz to negotiate :005: :005:)

I also give them scrambled egg if they have an upset tummy.  Never tried them with boiled.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
Coco has a raw egg once or twice a week (she is raw fed) - would give her the shell too but the fussy madam spits it out  >:( 

I would not give her eggs much more than this though - I sometimes give her a hard boiled one if she has a runny bottom - cooked egg can be a bit "binding"  ph34r :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
my 3 all love raw eggs ... shell and all... and scrambled eggs too.

Raw eggs can make things a little 'loose' so they don't get them often, sometimes after a boney meal :)
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline Miadanu

• Donator
  • Merlin
    • COL Sussex Meetups Information Thread
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 12:29:58 AM »
Raw eggs give Merlin runny poo but scrambled eggs are fine for him and one of his favourite treats :)