Author Topic: Wish me luck, Tilly Is going raw.......  (Read 1887 times)

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
Re: Wish me luck, Tilly Is going raw.......
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 09:37:43 PM »
I changed Mollie onto raw about a month ago and just swopped her over - she really loves it and gets very excited by it!!!

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 09:44:42 PM »
Tomorrow Tilly will be fully raw, no problems so far. Just ordered a chest freezer from argos so no going back. Going to stick with the complete raw meals and try some minces with added veg until I fell confident in what I'm doing.

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 09:59:47 AM »
Just to add to this thread - I started my two on Nutriment Low Purine Raw about 9 months ago now - no choice as my boy not only had Struvite Crystals but the Prescription Diet my Vet gave him to dissolve them damaged his Pancreas - the whole episode was a total nightmare.  So I was left trying to find a Low Fat/Low Purine diet for him.  I spent hours on the internet looking!!

After phoning all the major companies who gave me a 'bit of this and add a bit of that' - it wasn't what I was looking for. In desperation I put a post on here - and am eternally grateful to the gentleman who replied putting me onto Nutriment.

I was pretty upset about it all when I phoned the Company - they were brilliant and so so helpful.  Since I have changed to raw feeding, both my dogs have been so well, I can't believe the change in them.  Their coats are shining, skin is lovely and they are also calmer. My bitch also had some dry patches on her back, and had 2 courses of antibiotics plus a shampoo from the Vet - none of them cleared it up. After 2 weeks on Low Purine they had totally disappeared.

I would never go back to kibble, ever.  I've had to cut down on a lot of things to afford the Nutriment but its so worth it.
Can't recommend this food enough  ;)

Offline butterflywings21

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Tilly is doing well, will be trying her on beef in a couple of days time. I'm hoping it will improve her skin and her fur. Her coat is already soft and shiny but it doesn't grow on her back very well, ends up looking short and broken (if you know what I mean).

Offline helenb14

• Donator
  • Seve
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2014, 08:28:19 PM »
Sorry for slow reply not been on here for a while! I give salmon oil but nothing added to minces. Works for us!

Offline butterflywings21

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 08:33:35 PM »
she's been on Salmon oil (yumega plus) since we got her, no improvement. Spoke to the company who said I could try yumega showdog oil, but thought I'd give raw ago as I have been looking at it for a while. freezer came today so will slowly start to fill it up with the meat that suits her.

Offline panda66

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 10:48:01 PM »
Have you tried organic coconut oil? I alternate with the Salmon oil  :D

Offline butterflywings21

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 07:38:15 AM »
I have but it was at the same time last year when she had liquid s##t and started being sick. Wasn't sure if the coconut oil was part of the cause. She went grain free and in 24 hours was back to normal, so I'm scared in trying it again just in case.