Author Topic: Your Thoughts On This Email I Received  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
Your Thoughts On This Email I Received
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 12:22:28 PM »
These types of breeders just cut corners to suit themselves. I don't think it costs anything to register pups with this other organisation.

I think this breeder has met their match here, what a shame  :D .
Cayley.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 07:04:23 PM »
i found an advert on a free advertising site on the internet and wrote and asked this person why his litter of puppies were D**C registered and not Kennel Club registered, because on reading this advert I found the owner of this litter be quite genuine. 

This is the biggest alarm bell to me - no matter how genuine the advert sounds (and they all do, to me  :rolleyes: ) - I always thought that classified ads were not the way reputable breeders advertised?

I did have a debate with the owner of another breed about this - she was convinced that some reputable breeders do use classified - you just have to find the good ones :unsure:

Can experienced breeders/showers help me out with this? Am I being to harsh - do some "good" breeders use classified?

BTW - Molo's breeder owned his sire and dame - his sire had been transfered from another kennel specifically for a line breeding programme; so its not always an indicator of poorly planned breeding  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 09:55:42 AM »
Can experienced breeders/showers help me out with this? Am I being to harsh - do some "good" breeders use classified?
[snapback]134126[/snapback]
I can't think any experienced, reputable breeder would ever need to use these free ad websites although I guess a first time breeder may not realise that there are better ways of finding good homes for puppies. Generally, classifieds are used by commercial breeders, dealers, back yard breeders etc but I guess there might be the occasional good breeder advertising - I try not to look at these sites too often as they are just too depressing :( I found an advert yesterday which linked to a breeder's website where the owner was proudly proclaiming that one of his bitches was just 12 months old & expecting her first litter in July :( Said breeder has also used virtually word for word the intro to our personal website which makes them sound reputable - doubt there is anything I can do about it but I'm going to try :angry:

Jane

Jane

Offline Babylonian

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »
[snapback]134126[/snapback]
my breeder advertised in the regional paper - kc reg no problems as I'm sure others on this website can testify...

The breeder is not online,
Jed's mummy, living in Milngavie.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 08:46:10 AM »
Some reputable breeders may occasionally advertise in their local papers (though most don't need to) but not many. Our local paper frequently carries ads from the nearby puppy dealer as well as many other "dubious" ads - buyer beware!

Jane
Jane

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 08:46:58 PM »
I have to agree that this guy sounds really angry, and very defnesive in his email reply.. if he has nothing to hide and no potential 'skeletons' then why is he so quick to leap to the defensive stance? It's almost evidence of a guilty conscience of some kind ... :huh:

Also, I'm not sure exactly what questions you aked but I'm sure a good honest breeder would have answered them in a much less antagonistic way .. he is basically insulting you in his last sentnce! very mature and balanced person then, able to put across his views and points in a carefully constructed and polite manner - I wouldn't like to work for him he sounds like a pr@tt!

The thought that the difference between KC and D***C registerationis that KC is for showing and D**C simply for pets is quite prevailent (sp.?) I know 2 people who have bought dogs, one a Shitz Tzu and the other a westie (not much shock there then eh?) and both are only D**C registered with the breeders telling them this line, oh that and that KC registeration is only valid if you want to breed!!  :blink:  :o The other thing to note about this breeder is that cockers probably aren't the only dogs he breeds... he probably breeds the other 'favourties' such as westies, shitzus, cavvy king charles, etc etc ... very sad

:(  :(  :angry:  :angry:
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Li7nda

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 09:14:16 PM »
I have to agree that this guy sounds really angry, and very defnesive in his email reply.. if he has nothing to hide and no potential 'skeletons' then why is he so quick to leap to the defensive stance? It's almost evidence of a guilty conscience of some kind ... :huh:

Also, I'm not sure exactly what questions you aked but I'm sure a good honest breeder would have answered them in a much less antagonistic way .. he is basically insulting you in his last sentnce! very mature and balanced person then, able to put across his views and points in a carefully constructed and polite manner - I wouldn't like to work for him he sounds like a pr@tt!

The thought that the difference between KC and D***C registerationis that KC is for showing and D**C simply for pets is quite prevailent (sp.?) I know 2 people who have bought dogs, one a Shitz Tzu and the other a westie (not much shock there then eh?) and both are only D**C registered with the breeders telling them this line, oh that and that KC registeration is only valid if you want to breed!!  :blink:  :o The other thing to note about this breeder is that cockers probably aren't the only dogs he breeds... he probably breeds the other 'favourties' such as westies, shitzus, cavvy king charles, etc etc ... very sad

:(  :(  :angry:  :angry:
[snapback]137137[/snapback]
it

Hi there.

The only question I asked this person was "could you please tell me why your pups aren't kc registered as D**C has no proof of a good pedigree, or breeding"

The reason I asked this question is because this advert was on E P..z and i have never seen an advertisement on this site for D..C registered puppies before.  Although I do know that many commercial breeders do advertise there.  I often browse this site just out of curiousity.  I do realise my question was a little outspoken and perhaps could have been put a little more diplomatic.  I did send him a reply to his email but heard nothing back.
Linda, Jesse and Bentleyxx